Bolero to columbus???

Hello

I already have 8" bolero and i can get columbus infotaiment system

My car have 10 colors to change in the interior led and the columbus from a car that had 4 color choices

I want to change my bolero to that columbus. Can the skoda team make a full software for that columbus to be like an origional one for my car ?

On 17/09/2017 at 21:21, DiaJarrar said:

Can the skoda team make a full software for that columbus to be like an origional one for my car ?

Highly unlikely.

The software/firmware is downloaded by the dealer from the Škoda server (SWAP). Here are just a few problems you may encounter;-

• Your car will be shown on the server as being supplied with Bolero and not Columbus so it may prohibit any software changes let alone firmware updates.
  • The 3 colour ambient lighting (not 4 colour) was MY16 whilst the 10 colour ambient lighting was introduced with MY17 which has many other significant differences to its predecessor so the only legitimate software/firmware available for the MY16 unit will be purely for the MY16 unit and will not add any additional functions.
  • You will need both parts of the Columbus - the head unit and the unit in the glove box.
  • Both parts of the MiB Columbus are component protected so they need to be updated with the vehicle VIN before they will work. There are no doubt nefarious means to do this, as there currently are for clearing any previous VIN CP in the first place, but you'll be hard pressed to find a legitimate Škoda dealer that will update the CP for you.

Wouldn't it also be missing the GPS aerial? and Wifi Module (not sure its separate but had to select wifi or phone box with wifi when upgrading from bolero to Amundsen)? Don't see the hardship versus the benefit if it doesn't have the above, after all isn't the Columbus also an 8" unless its from a MY18?