Winter Tyres - worth it?

Paulq

Indeed and not many take Panda 4x4 off road other than on tracks on the OEM full winters, but they do OK were they do go, 

then proper tyres can be fitted if they do need to go offroad.

I find that Yokohama Geolandar G012 AT-S work very well in snow even though not Full Winters, and work in Mud,

i have had CrossClimates and many other Winter & Snow Tyres but find that it is a location location thing and horses for courses.

This winter i will have on Continental Winter Contact ContiSeal with a pair of spares carried as i had last winter.

post-86161-0-93430400-1463240797.jpg

Edited by Headinawayoffski

Recently walked to the summit of Mount Vesuvius and found two rather battered original Panda 4x4 parked outside the gift shops at the top. From the top car park its a fairly steep and not very wide dirt track with the occasional log step. So quite impressive they were up there. 

TP

The BBC program's with Paul Hollywood in Europe & in the mountains talking to the wealthy owner with an early Panda 4x4 sums it up very well.

Horses for courses. Right car for right locations. I loved Panda's. feel bad how we used to just wreck them and scrap them, and also Subaru Justy's with the Autobox.

Edited by Headinawayoffski

31 minutes ago, Headinawayoffski said:

The BBC program's with Paul Hollywood in Europe & in the mountains talking to the wealthy owner with an early Panda 4x4 sums it up very well.

Horses for courses. Right car for right locations. I loved Panda's. feel bad how we used to just wreck them and scrap them, and also Subaru Justy's with the Autobox.

My former step dad had a Panda way back when I was little. I have memories of that being a fun little car to ride in when driven by a slightly reckless manic depressive driver :D