I'm after any comments on the following problem(s) please - car is a late model Octy 2, built early 2013.   CR140, had the emissions update in approx May this year.

Yesterday, the display started to show "Airbag Warning", and the orange airbag light came on.   The buttons on the MFSW also stopped working, so I wondered if its a loose/worn connector somewhere in the steering column?   Or something more serious?

This failure reminded me of a problem a few weeks ago, that may or may not be linked - so here's what happened.

Parked car in the morning, no problems.   Came back in the afternoon, started car, couldn't get it in gear.   Multiple attempts, tried all gears, turned off and on several times - no difference.   Turned engine off, selected gear, kept clutch down, attempted to start it - car kangaroo'd forwards, so obviously clutch wasn't dis-engaging.   A few more attempts, gave up and rang for breakdown.   40 mins and 2 cups of tea later, RAC man arrives, problem completely gone.   Several tests, still no problems.   RAC man changes failed DRL bulb, and disappears.   No further issues until the above airbag thingy yesterday.

Any ideas?   Are the 2 linked, or just co-incidence?   We weren't planning on changing the car just yet (although a Superb/Kodiaq does appeal), but is this the beginning of a series of expensive failures?

TIA,

Sam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...