front door issue

jeehi

Those who have had the front door mod done to the rubber and chrome trim, has it held or have you had to take it back?

Mine has just pulled the rear trim off again and the rubber is damaged. 

15 hours ago, jeehi said:

Those who have had the front door mod done to the rubber and chrome trim, has it held or have you had to take it back?

Mine has just pulled the rear trim off again and the rubber is damaged. 

When did you have it done?

Mine was repaired early 2016 before it had become a Service Campaign. The rubber seals and chrome trim was replaced on both doors and I've had no problem since then.

It went in for the 2 year service in August and it was flagged for the door trim so I queried it. It turned out to be an additional Service Campaign that also covered cars already "fixed" because, it seems, there were too many bodged repairs. I don't know the full extent of the new Service Campaign but I was informed that part of the update was to remove the chrome strips and re-secure them using glue pads supplied by Škoda.

I think mine was done just before the campaign. It looks like black mastic has been used and just let go, drivers side worse than passenger side. I did query the state of the fix at the time as the trim didn't line up with the rear door (looked like it had pushed out).

Maybe I have had a bodged repair!

I fixed this on my car 18 months ago. A tiny dot of clear silicone behind the metal trim before pushing it back in position and it hasn't moved since.

Easy and much quicker than taking it back to the dealer.