Oil Temp not registering on MFD

Hi All,

I have just had the Cambelt, waterpump and am major service carried out on my car MK2 VRS 2.0TDI CR by a VAG independent.

Since then the Oil temp in Maxidot is not registering any temp. 

Could anyone advise what I can check as no fault codes are showing no lights on the dash and the car has no issues?

I am thinking that a sensor or something may have been knocked or disconnected and not reconnected but I could not see anything obvious when lifting the bonnet.

Cheers

As you say, the sensor plug has probably been knocked during the service. 

It is located on the sump along with the oil level sensor, so you'll have to get the engine under tray off to have a look. 

@booke23 this is what i'm thinking, I had not realised that the oil temp sensor was on the sump which if something is a miss I would not have seen it, thanks for that I will take a look.

@blackspaven if its not something simple like a connector that just needs clipping back on I will and I have no doubt they will sort it without any issues as they are a good garage, I just thought that if its a quick fix it will save me running the car back to them for the sake of pushing a connector on :)

18 minutes ago, Anddenton said:

I believe your problem is down to how your service warning has been reset, see this topic for more details.

This was the problem with my car. The oil temp had been switched off by Skoda. When I asked them to switch it back on they said the sensor was faulty and that would be £95 plus nearly £100 to fit :o, no amount of arguing would change their (DM Keith, Leeds) mind. Luckily I had already seen a thread on this subject and left it until I was getting my tow bar coded via VCDS and the lad switched it on with some other adjustments for £15. I can't imagine why I no longer have a Skoda with dealers like that. 

Edited by CWARD

They are a VAG independent, while my local dealer is pretty good and I've had no problems with warrenty work and MOT I would expect i would have had the same issue as you @CWARD as the request deviates from the norm which tends to answered with blank stares and the phrase " we will need to book it in to investigate"

The above is the reason the dealer only gets warranty work and MOT ( had MOT cover) and my trusted independent gets everything else.

Warranty is up as of October 6th so all work will go the independents way from now on.

• Like 1