Fabia Mk I 53 Plate - new heater fan resistor needed. Cheap but decent part recommendation?

Hi again

I'll make this my last post for now, I promise!  

I have what seems to be a common problem whereby my fan only works on 4.  I've read the helpful guide on how to go about swapping it.  There are a load of sub £10 replacements available on ebay, Amazon, etc., but I read one scary story where a cheapy started to smoke, and other stories where they did not last.  

Can anyone please tell me which makes I should be looking out for that are a quality replacement?  Any tips on where to get such parts for a good price?  

I also read about changing the pollen filter, which I think I might do whilst in there.  Same questions above really about getting this part, although here I am not sure what part number I need, how to change it, or anything.  So advice on that would be great too.

Many thanks, over and out...

Max  

I had this issue a few months ago. Replaced it with a 'Febi' OE resistor for £15, having discovered the dealers charge £50 for it.   Not sure if mine was a dodgy one or not but it got seriously hot (I know they normally get hot!) after 2 days the thermal fuse burnt out on it.  Concerned about the likelihood of my car burning out if I fitted another like this, I ended up biting the bullet and bought a genuine one from the dealers.

Edited by Clarke2744