Bluetooth on Octavia Scout

Hi, I've just bought a 58 plate Scout, which is fitted with the Bolero music system. Although it has a button marked "Phone", it does nothing except mute the sound.  There is an option under "Media" for BT Audio, but it is greyed out.  When I set my mobile (Moto G4) to discover it detects no bluetooth. How can I tell whether the car is fitted with bluetooth?

Its a flat module about 8 ins x 5 ins at a guess. Its unlikely to be there in a 58 plate but can be fitted. You will need a harness and mic to get it working, and you need to be mindful of which module you buy in a car of that age. Best bet is probably a 7p6 or 5k0 module (suffix 350 730 d or above) which can be paired via the Bolero and works with any phone in hands free mode. The newer premium modules wont pair without the facelift maxidot or a bit of faffing with additional hardware.

Thanks for that, adamal.  It confirms what I suspected, that, despite the Phone button and the various bluetooth options in the menus and references to BT in the manuals, it is not actually fitted.

Bluetooth did not come as standard on the Scout, as I discovered when I purchased mine.  The Scout I test drove had Bluetooth and I was given the impression it was standard.  Cannot complain to the dealership who conducted the test drive as I bought my vehicle from another source at a greater discount!

There are a few threads on here on fitting either an OE system, or aftermarket.  I went with a a Parrot MKi9200 as I had a similar system fitted to my Honda Civic.  The mic is located at the top of the drivers 'A' pillar (but it would be better positioned more centrally above the rear view mirror), the display is between the glovebox and the Bolero, with the controller sitting just above the right hand side of the Bolero.  Some people locate the display in front of the Hazard Light Switch, but that location would restrict me placing my phone or satnav in their respect phone holders.

Edited by Guest
Got my Port and Stbd mixed up!