Fabia Symphony Stereo Connects2 CTVSKX001 adapter for ipods, etc - a couple of questions...

Hi all

I am thinking of getting one of these:

http://www.connects2.co.uk/Product/ProductItem/CTVSKX001

so that I can connect my iPod (and my partner can connect her mp3 player) to the Fabia's OEM Symphony stereo.  It tricks the stereo into thinking that a CD changer is present.  I wondered if anyone who has one (or similar) could help with a couple of questions please:

1.  With the CTVSKX001 installed, can the CD player in the Symphony still be used?

2.  How is the CTVSKX001/iPod/mp3 player selected from the stereo.  Presuming that the answer to #1 is yes, then selecting CD on the stereo will just select the CD player.  So how to select the CTVSKX001?  

Many thanks

Max

1. If a CD is placed in the radio/player it will play  without pressing any buttons. If when you turn the radio/player on there is a CD installed,the radio will be selected without any buttons pressed.CD can be used by pressing the 'CD' button. When you next turn on the radio/player,if CD was last used it will continue with playing the CD.

2. with no CD installed ,and the 3.5mm input is connected to the source,i.e. MP3 player,pressing the CD button will connect the  3.5mm input. The  audio adaptor can be permanently fitted  and connected allowing the radio,or CD to be   used as normal.

I do find the volume from the 3.5mm input is about half  of the radio,or CD volume but there is still plenty of volume ,by raising the volume control. 

Edited by AndyPandy
missed words

Thanks Andy.  

I've gone ahead and ordered one so will get to play at the weekend.  I did notice today that it says in the instructions that the CD button needs to be pressed twice to get audio from the 3.5mm.  I'm sure it will be all clear once installed.  It's just that my partner still wants access to the CD player and I wasn't sure whether having the "CD Changer" (AKA 3.5mm AUX) would mean no more CD player.  

As for the volume, are you connected to the headphone output of the player?  If so, I should suspect that's why.  What mp3 player are you using?

Cheers

Mine is a different make to the one you are buying, thats probably why sequence to operate is different. I tried various DAB radio's and MP3 players.A Sony Made dab radio gave the loudest output.I used the phones socket on all of them,none of them had any other output socket.I did turn the  volume up full on all of them.As I said the car radio had ample volume spare if needed.

• 5 weeks later...