SKODA RAPID 2017 Mirrorlink

balaji1967

New Rapid i am using. i am unable to configure mirrorlink .  I have referred mirrorlink.com and purchased new Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) ,, this too not helping. Looks to be i am using proper apps. 

I  would like to know what are the Andriod apps to be used with SKODA RAPID  with Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

During my visit to Skoda showroom sales person informed me that we can navigation apps Auto Andriod can be used but the only thing to be noted it supported for specific phones only. I trusted with sales team and booked CAR but later they were not able to show demo with supported mobiles..... this is a big frustration with Skoda... the team should have informed us before. 

I love the SKODA RAPID but because of this navigation feature is made me put down or rather unhappy.  Today's world i could have gone to some other brand CAR.

My question? what is fun is having so-called Mirrorlink connectivity which is not useful to anyone in the world? If you go to mirrorlink site all apps are half baked , non of the apps works fully.

In Skoda, product browser says navigation or other apps supported...

as I experienced infotainment system max we use for Radio, phone and USB.

I strongly suggest to SKODA that either fix of mirrorlink support of popular applications or replace mirror link any other connectivity software.  Skoda cannot walk away with simply dumping some useless "mirrorlink". connectivity software.  The best part is that none of the SKODA team aware of this mirrorlink in details,  but simply everyone talk about infotainment  system ( supports all ).

i hope by posting the issue someone will act on the same.

Hopping with some solutions :)

I too have the same problem. I tried with lots of app that supports mirror link but none of them work. When I checked with Skoda sales person he said that if I use iPhone it will connect. I purchased IPhone 7 and tried using car play only the songs it’s able to play but not the maps or anything else. If this was said at the first instance I would have gone for a different brand.  If I check with Skoda showroom none of them are aware of the mirror link or CarPlay options. Please give us a fix.

22 minutes ago, Sujeeth said:

I too have the same problem. I tried with lots of app that supports mirror link but none of them work. When I checked with Skoda sales person he said that if I use iPhone it will connect. I purchased IPhone 7 and tried using car play only the songs it’s able to play but not the maps or anything else. If this was said at the first instance I would have gone for a different brand.  If I check with Skoda showroom none of them are aware of the mirror link or CarPlay options. Please give us a fix.

Hi Sujeeth,

Are you saying that CarPlay worked with your system?

On 11/29/2017 at 20:01, Sujeeth said:

Hi Leinard,

No the CarPlay didn’t work with my system. I even tried from the below link https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/en-US/Updates/ and entered by VIN number and got the message no updates available for my car.

Sujeeth

I don't think that website is for our country. They should include our VIN numbers as well.

Moreover, our infotainment system is not listed in their website.

6 minutes ago, Sujeeth said:

Website was correct it had the VIN number but I removed it before posting it.

I meant Skoda Rapid India cars' VIN numbers don't work in that website because we don't have the listed radio systems.

That website is only for updating the following systems.

•  columbus.png
    Columbus
  •  amundsen.png
    Amundsen
  •  bolero.png
    Bolero
  •  swing.png
    Swing

On 12/1/2017 at 18:25, Sujeeth said:

Thanks for the information. Any idea when will we get the update for Skoda Rapid India cars on CarPlay or mirror link synchronisation.

I tweeted Skoda India about this and they asked me to request this with the local dealer. I emailed them and there's no response.

Can you guys also try with your dealers?

Hi Leinad,

I have checked with the dealer and they are not having much knowledge regarding the Mirror Link or CarPlay. Whenever I check with the dealer they say that one person is trained on it and will be checking the car but whenever I go the dealer they will say that the particular person is not available. One time a person checked and said that I need to wait till I get an update for the infotainment system. I'm not sure when its going to happen?

Regards,

Sujeeth.

Sujeeth, Leinad,

doubt anyone from Skoda will respond as they are primarily box selling guys (they don’t know what is inside ) and not interested to listen to you at all… if you call Skoda support number they simply say contact dealer/ workshop... dealer is slightly better than Skoda but he too do trial and errors. Final conclusion that you can’t expect service & support from Skoda.  I feel overall issues with complete system (skoda, dealer setup and process). May be we can send a note to Sr. officials of Skoda india.

Looks to be no participation in this forum by Skoda.

Best wishes to all.

Thanks.

52 minutes ago, balaji1967 said:

Sujeeth, Leinad,

doubt anyone from Skoda will respond as they are primarily box selling guys (they don’t know what is inside ) and not interested to listen to you at all… if you call Skoda support number they simply say contact dealer/ workshop... dealer is slightly better than Skoda but he too do trial and errors. Final conclusion that you can’t expect service & support from Skoda.  I feel overall issues with complete system (skoda, dealer setup and process). May be we can send a note to Sr. officials of Skoda india.

Looks to be no participation in this forum by Skoda.

Best wishes to all.

Thanks.

Totally true!!!

• 2 months later...
On 2/21/2018 at 09:07, Sujeethlr said:

Hi Leinad,

Thanks for the update. Did they say when the update is scheduled?

No Idea on that. I am visiting the service station tomorrow. I will ask them again.

My car has done 11.5K KMS. I notice a mild grinding noise when i turn the steering wheel while on stationery and on the move.

Has anyone else faced the same issue?

Hi Leinad,

Post your update soon using navigation for Andriod or Apple phone... mirrorlink is wast . 

i believe new RAPID releesed by end of december is with SmartLink. this supports most of the andriod, Apple phones.

5 hours ago, Sujeethlr said:

Is your car automatic or manual. let me know whether you are getting  the grinding sound when You press  the accelerator.

mine is DSG automatic. No, not while pressing the accelerator.

4 hours ago, Sujeethlr said:

I had a similar issue. Mine too DSG automatic. When I approached Skoda they said fly wheel issue and changed it after that it his working fine. Better take to the Skoda dealership and check it.

Oh, is it? I went to skoda service center today. They said they are seeing some fault code on the system and they have to open the hood to check what the issue is.

Another problem was hard steering, this was there since the vehicle was delivered.

I have dropped the vehicle and home now waiting for them to respond. Fingers crossed.