Various engine faults appeared - VRS TDi

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me with a problem (or problems) with my Octavia PD VRS. 

All was well this morning when suddenly the glow plug light began flashing and the car went into limp mode.

I got to work and remembered I had my VCDS lead in the boot. Quick install of the software onto a work laptop and I was able to complete a full scan which has thrown up 3 faults on the engine - all relating to 'short to ground'.

I have attached the complete VCDS scan. (the ABS fault is already repaired - I've had just not cleared it at this point)

Anyone have any ideas? Could this be a fuse or relay due to the multiple short to ground faults?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks. 

Log-SL56DDX-TMBEH21Z078012426-176030km-109379mi.txt

Thanks - hopefully it is something as simple as this. 

I really needed to get it resolved as soon as possible as I'm using my wife's car so it's been dropped off at an auto electricians this morning. 

I'll post what they come back with.

Cheers.  

Spot on Wino - this fuse was blown! 

As it happens I would have had to put this into the garage anyway as the bracket that holds the N345 valve in place had broken somehow and it had fallen down. It would seem over time the wiring had rubbed through the insulation and the core was exposed which had shorted out on something.

The guys replaced the valve and wiring as well as clearing the faults for £90+VAT so not too bad. 

Car back to normal - thanks a lot for your help with this one. I'll remember this for future.

All the best. 

• Like 1