ESP button

Locke

Hello. I Have recently purchased a 2009 1.6 petrol Fabia. I noticed today that if I press the ESP button on the dash too briefly it does not engage. It must be pressed for a bit longer (less than a second) to work. This does not happen with different buttons on the dash. Is it supposed to be that way to prevent accidental engagement or is it faulty?

Many thanks.

1 minute ago, Headinawayoffski said:

Welcome.

Yes you push and hold a second, as you do on a vRS to switch off Traction Control.

Sorry, what's a vRS?

I was worried I had broken it since after I pressed it for the first time (while parked) I tried to press it again while holding it for about 10 seconds to see if something happens (in my mom's Yaris it has such a two-step thing).

Oh, right, the Octavia vRS, sorry, still not familiar with all the Skoda models.

(Edit)

Obviously I missed that last comment. If I had the money, I surely would go for a sportier model.

Edited by Locke

Just now, Headinawayoffski said:

At least there is ESP.  It was an option for long enough.

True :D its a pain when your sideways down duffus and in the middle of correcting it and it decides to kick in. Tempted to pull the fuse but it also does the ABS too and not keen on losing that.