Skoda Connect Error (Solved)

Hi everyone 

I've had a problem with skoda connect recently which I've managed to fix (I hope), so I thought I'd note it here. 

Every time I selected skoda connect in the menu it popped up with "Error: Skoda Connect". 

Eventually I deleted my registered user in the infotainment settings, and then reactivated it via my connect app on my phone. It took a while to delete and reconnect but it seems to be working now. 

Has anyone else had this issue? 

20171023_203248.jpg

I have exactly the same issue. I did what you tried and it made no difference. I know the car is connecting to Skoda servers because driving data, location, vehicle status, etc. are all being sent.

I have a case logged with Skoda customer services... they haven't suggested anything but their servers did go down yesterday. Could be a knock on effect.

I have a resolution for this from Skoda. I think it's all related to changes on their servers the other day (maybe the weekend). My guess is the Skoda Connect tiles are connecting to published web services from a 'portal' server consuming defined feeds. They might have changed something that means the cached files are no longer matching up with the live web services.

Anyway to get it working, we had to reset the Skoda Connect settings. In the new Columbus if you go to settings -> factory settings you can actually reset individual components. In this case I selected the Skoda Connect option and it then asked me if I wanted to also delete the user and I selected no. Then when I went to the Skoda Connect tile it will have downloaded some files (probably XML) from Skoda's servers and is now working. It remembered the user/registration. Note you need to have Internet connectivity for it to connect but that's obvious ;)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Has anyone else had this problem and not been able to fix it via the above solutions.  I have done the factory reset for Skoda Connect and I still get the error.

I am wondering if I have to delete my user account as well.  If I delete the user - will I lose all my destinations etc?

13 hours ago, Desrob said:

Has anyone else had this problem and not been able to fix it via the above solutions.  I have done the factory reset for Skoda Connect and I still get the error.

I am wondering if I have to delete my user account as well.  If I delete the user - will I lose all my destinations etc?

You shouldn't lose your online destinations from the car. However, beware if your deleting your whole account. 

This fault happened to me again so I tried the same solution. I accidentally deleted my account but then had lots of problems getting it back. The system let me re-register after about 20 mins but wouldn't let me add the car until an hour later. Then I got an email the next day saying my account had been deleted as requested. They'd re-deleted it. Then I couldn't register as the system said my address was already registered, and I couldn't log in either. 

It took a call to skoda to sort it out. 

I suspect the double deletion is part of Skoda's response to GDPR and the right to be forgotten. 

• 6 months later...
On 25.10.2017 at 18:57, rtj70 said:

I have a resolution for this from Skoda. I think it's all related to changes on their servers the other day (maybe the weekend). My guess is the Skoda Connect tiles are connecting to published web services from a 'portal' server consuming defined feeds. They might have changed something that means the cached files are no longer matching up with the live web services.

Anyway to get it working, we had to reset the Skoda Connect settings. In the new Columbus if you go to settings -> factory settings you can actually reset individual components. In this case I selected the Skoda Connect option and it then asked me if I wanted to also delete the user and I selected no. Then when I went to the Skoda Connect tile it will have downloaded some files (probably XML) from Skoda's servers and is now working. It remembered the user/registration. Note you need to have Internet connectivity for it to connect but that's obvious ;)

I had a problem that the WLAN-connection worked, but Connect could not find it. Evewn though the connections from my tablet to the car worked fine. It said that there was an internal server error. Ifollowed your advice and reset the Connect settings. I had to re-establish the connection via the connect portal, but the Connect started to work. Thanks for the tip!  with the computers it is always a good advice to boot:-).

• 5 weeks later...

I have never been able to see anything on the connect app on my phone.. I thought i had it set up but nothing seems to show. Can someone tell me in layman's terms exactly what i need to do to get it working? I did register via the car app bit cant see anything

You need to go here and follow the instructions...

http://go.skoda.eu/connect-portal

The step-by-step procedure is detailed in the manual...

Capture.JPG.3394b7a98e7cd2f79e302765102ead76.JPG

Capture1.JPG.a212b1d4e5995f618176731fe172d113.JPG

Capture2.JPG.077acdf630fdf5143ebeb9f16babaddd.JPG

Capture4.JPG.011afabeb6d239c4314f7140c172b070.JPG

Capture5.JPG.9fa3f2e23e9a92c0665d5b2c6a2f5ac1.JPG

You should take your wi-fi enabled phone, tablet or laptop out to the car and sit in it whilst following the process.

• 11 months later...

To help where the factory reset and other solutions outlined above didn't resolve the Skoda Connect issues. *

I found a Polish site where they had a similar issue with Skoda Connect not working and the solution which worked for me was to disconnect the battery for 90 minutes.

Follow the Skoda instructions to disconnect and reconnect the battery. - You'll get errors on reconnection, but a short drive seems to sort those out OK.

The Polish site is: https://www.kodiaq-klub.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=661

*Skoda Connect - Android App and Web https://skoda-connect.com not (No Parking Location, Vehicle Health Report or Driving Data etc). Data from the car is not being sent to the Skoda servers, as an example you can download Destinations OK.