Picked vrs up from Skoda....overheated...took it straight back to Skoda...

Well this overheating saga still continues !

Picked my  vrs up from Skoda Coventry at lunchtime today, they have had it 2 days to sort out why its still overheating after having waterpump replaced 2 weeks ago, they think it may have had a airlock, ( if it did have a air lock, it took 2 weeks and 400 miles to appear )....

Anyway long story short, got about 5 miles down the M6 and temp gauge went past 90c and settled halfway to the red, i slowed down from about 75 to 50 then temp gauge went back to 90c, where it stayed for the next 10 miles when i arrived back at work....

On the way home, it did exactly the same overheat thing, so i took it straight back to Skoda, told them its still overheating, told them i will pick it up when they have fixed it, i then got back into the passast r-line I've been driving around all week, and drove home !

Only had the car 5 weeks and done less a 1000 miles in it...

Getting a bit fed up now ! 

Edited by studmuffin

Well it's water pump number 2 in as many weeks as the cause of the overheating again !

I've also asked for a goodwill contribution towards the  cam belt as i want that replacing as well, the service manager i spoke to at Skoda Coventry said he would have given me a goodwill gesture if i had bought the car from them, so he is going to ring Skoda Leicester, where i bought the car, to see if they can help in anyway, i will find out Monday and hopefully it will be good news...i need some ! 

Logic (as a non mechanic) tells me that if they replaced the water pump (as they ‘said’ they did), and the job was done properly, the issue isn’t the water pump.  More likely the thermostat or a sensor issue but that isn’t showing a fault code.

Well after 1 week with skoda, car still not ready to pick up, its had its 2nd new waterpump and cambelt....

Its going to be a good conversation when i pick the car up, to decide who's going to cough up for cambelt, particularly as its been fitted and I've haven't been told how much goodwill (if any)contribution im getting from Skoda...

Edited by studmuffin