Grinding noise and black smoke in first..

I’m new to this so if I’m posting in the wrong place please feel feet to move/delete/inform me.

Skoda Fabia vrs mk1 05 plate:

righty then I had some pretty serious boost issues seemed to fix them but since fixing in first if I put my foot down I get a cloud of black smoke loss of power and a horrible grinding noise. This goes away with a gear change or if a put my foot on the clutch. 

Iv tried to read all I can and I can’t find anything any help or suggestions would be great cheers.

Edited by Brendon121

13 minutes ago, sepulchrave said:

Dude, don't put your foot down in first you'll just scrap the transaxle and clutch/flywheel!

I’m not on about racing or flooring it every where but out of junctions and such...

1 hour ago, sepulchrave said:

Sounds like the ASR is cutting in, press the ASR button and tells us if it still does it or if it scrats like a mad thing instead.

No luck mate didn’t do anything, it’s like when I had a boost leak turbo lag then noise and smoke 

Did the problem just start with your set up that has been fine before? 

Or have modifications been made and this is a result of what’s been done? 

11 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

There should be no air escaping from the intercooler, it sounds like you have a boost leak to fix.

Meaning new intercooler or because of a boost leak there is air coming out from there?

2 hours ago, Brendon121 said:

Meaning new intercooler or because of a boost leak there is air coming out from there?

You said: "I’m not sure if it suppose to but quite a lot of air is let out by my intercooler"

The intercooler and all the pipework are full of high pressure air when the turbo is boosting, there should be no leaks from the intercooler itself or from any of the joints or the pipes which fit to it.

You're going to have to find the leak yourself or give the car to someone who knows how to. We can't find it for you, if it got worse after you cleaned the intercooler then there's a good chance that the pipework is leaking where it joins onto the intercooler.

6 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

You said: "I’m not sure if it suppose to but quite a lot of air is let out by my intercooler"

The intercooler and all the pipework are full of high pressure air when the turbo is boosting, there should be no leaks from the intercooler itself or from any of the joints or the pipes which fit to it.

You're going to have to find the leak yourself or give the car to someone who knows how to. We can't find it for you, if it got worse after you cleaned the intercooler then there's a good chance that the pipework is leaking where it joins onto the intercooler.

I ment I have no idea about intercoolers, I know where the boost leak is on the intercooler but how would I go about fixing it, would I need to buy a new intercooler? 

13 hours ago, Brendon121 said:

I ment I have no idea about intercoolers, I know where the boost leak is on the intercooler but how would I go about fixing it, would I need to buy a new intercooler? 

If it’s definitely the intercooler leaking, then yes, replace it! 

16 minutes ago, gfwc said:

If it’s definitely the intercooler leaking, then yes, replace it! 

Been speaking to my mate he’s got some aluminium epoxy stuff to fill it till I get my fmic don’t see the point in spending money on a new one “if it’s broken upgrade” cheers for you help appreciate it