Any Retro Bikers?

S27VEJ

I have been into mountain biking for as long as I remember and I have a thing for 90s stuff.

Ive recently bought a winter project, just for something to do whilst it’s the close season for Motorsport.

The Kona Sex One.

Cant wait to get this built up!

6164CCCC-F7A4-4333-AF07-4470C4D0902E.jpeg

Not that retro but i am away to put back rideable & tidy my young lads trials bike i put together 19 years ago.

Ashamed really that i keep looking at it and have not cleaned it up.

I have some BMX's from the early 1990's to sort out as well as BMX is  away to be huge again, but brakeless for skate park and ramp & street not racing.

rsz_dsc01213.jpg

rsz_giant_trials_005.jpg

rsz_giant_trials_011.jpg

Giant Trials 004.JPG

Edited by Headinawayoffski

I bought a '91 GT Avalanche a few years ago, I had it on a poster on my wall as a teenager, I always wanted one but it was way to far out of my paper round earnings.

It needed a bit of TLC to get it running again but it was great for whizzing through Wharncliffe woods on my commute to work (32 miles per day :)

Enjoyed every minute of owning it but sold it on for another project

20121109_144758.jpg

20121109_145706.jpg

20121109_150136.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a 1992 Quest MTB that I bought new for nearly £1000. Full Deore LX with thumb shifters and cantis, handbuilt 26" Mavic M231CD rims on XT hubs and Onza bar ends. I was riding it arround at Llanhydrock  last year and a guy who, it turns out, owns a bike shop asked me where I got the 'retro' machine....

I do have 3 more modern bikes but they are all road jobs. 

I had a kona kileua back in the day with project 2 forks and deore thumb shifter and really early spd pedals cracking bike it was a friend of mine has a early cinder cone and a fat chance yo eddy the good old days ehh

• 1 month later...

I still have my 1990 Cannondale SM700.  Just fitted a NOS left hand STI as the internals were not working.  Feels weird riding it after a newer bike but it's still a great ride even with solid forks. :)