Loss of power with weight 1.2tsi monte

mgcvk

I know I know I know that the more weight there is in the car the less fast it will go - power to weight ratio etc. However, as an example, I toddle off to pick up my wife and daughters nimbly nipping along the country lanes. Once I have the three passengers ( who are all very slim I should add :biggrin: ) the car just feels very sluggish indeed. I wonder if there is anything in the standard map that makes the car go a bit limp when it senses a heavier load. Or is it my imagination?

1 hour ago, mgcvk said:

I know I know I know that the more weight there is in the car the less fast it will go - power to weight ratio etc. However, as an example, I toddle off to pick up my wife and daughters nimbly nipping along the country lanes. Once I have the three passengers ( who are all very slim I should add :biggrin: ) the car just feels very sluggish indeed. I wonder if there is anything in the standard map that makes the car go a bit limp when it senses a heavier load. Or is it my imagination?

If you have the 105 engine it only has 129ft ilbs torque. The lower the torque the less pulling power. so I guess its down to it being a small petrol engine... maybe look at a remap if you have 3 people in the car daily. 

?

Is it a 105ps 1.2 TSI you have,

and what miles has it done, and what servicing, has it got good plugs and filter.

Are you running 95 ron, or do you use 97 or 99 super unleaded.

?

Why are you waiting for the warranty to be up before you re-map?

As well to get it done if your cars engine is OK, if it is not then a remap will cost you anyway as well as what breaks if anything does.

I run it on vpower or Tesco 99 as it runs so much better. Sometimes it feels almost nearly quick! May as well wait for warranty and insurance to be up in June next year. I don’t think AA insurance have a good record on reasonable premiums for adding a basic remap. Only done 25k miles.