Noisy Brakes vRS Octy

usico

Hi folks

My brakes seem to "grauch" at slow speed, especilly when cold. Pads and discs standard, just tuned 7K miles (since July).

Hand brake needs a bit of a tug, so will get that sorted, anybody else had "The Graunch?"

Cheers

Simon

Hi folks

My brakes seem to "grauch" at slow speed' date=' especilly when cold. Pads and discs standard, just tuned 7K miles (since July).

Hand brake needs a bit of a tug, so will get that sorted, anybody else had "The Graunch?"

Cheers

Simon[/quote']

Simon, try driving your car a bit harder every now and again. I'm not being funny but I

Hi guys

It's been noisy from new Techi and hasn't been much different from the rain. Car normally lives in the garage too but i'ts been outside a lot in the rain recently so seems to be unaffected by weather..

I'll try braking harder Silve! I forgot to say that when the brakes are nice and hot they are fine. No complaints about the performance of them though.

Damn! I'll just have to drive harder! :D

Simon

Hi guys

It's been noisy from new Techi and hasn't been much different from the rain. Car normally lives in the garage too but i'ts been outside a lot in the rain recently so seems to be unaffected by weather..

I'll try braking harder Silve! I forgot to say that when the brakes are nice and hot they are fine. No complaints about the performance of them though.

Damn! I'll just have to drive harder! :D

Simon

I am surprised they were noisy from new. From what I remember when I was running mine in they were still quiet. I drove like a fanny for about the first 500 miles then got bored and screwed it. :D

If in doubt, get to the dealer and have them check it out, the warranty will cover all costs and potentially it could be a safety issue.

Mike

Is it more noticeable first thing in the morning (especially after a cold, damp night)? It might just be a fine film of oxide (can't really call it rust) building up on the discs. I've noticed something similar when I've washed the car and put it straight in the garage overnight - the discs get a distinct yellow colouration. It doesn't seem to affect braking performance, and soon rubs off.

As for handbrakes, mine creaks all the time - but it's probably because it has to fight against the transmission creep...

Is it more noticeable first thing in the morning (especially after a cold, damp night)

Mike - insofar as the brakes are cold, yes but it seems to be the same even if the car has been in the garage... perhaps the only answer is to get the dealer to reface the pads...

Could also try braking harder!

:rolleyes: