Anyone on the FL models with ambient lighting option ticked can confirm that by applying colour changes via MIB, the colours are applicable to the lighting strip at door trims, MIB/infotainment unit background and the Maxidot cluster too? Mine seem to change only the lighting strip on the doors, the other 2 is green by default regardless of what colour I chose.

1 hour ago, wingzee said:

Anyone on the FL models with ambient lighting option ticked can confirm that by applying colour changes via MIB, the colours are applicable to the lighting strip at door trims, MIB/infotainment unit background and the Maxidot cluster too? Mine seem to change only the lighting strip on the doors, the other 2 is green by default regardless of what colour I chose.

Have you tried a reset to factory settings?

17 minutes ago, wg100 said:

Have you tried a reset to factory settings?

Good idea. Perhaps I should start with that. Mine seems to default to white regardless. Not sure if this needs to be coded?

19 minutes ago, Zig said:

mine does all :)

Is the colour in the MIB & Maxidot defaults to only 3 (red, green & blue) or any colour selected, consisent with the door trims?

7A0244AC-042E-4744-9B75-84B9B02A81C0.jpeg

5587F96D-3838-4287-9A97-9ED24C556D7D.jpeg

44C8C9D5-982B-4510-A1E8-EB69D7A77ECE.jpeg

12 hours ago, wingzee said:

Mines the same as this...

13 hours ago, Zig said:

Mine is the same for all 3 so if the door strips are red so is the background to the maxidot and infotainment screen

Mine doesn't seem to do this. Perhaps not coded due to being an early MY18 build. Are the colours limited to 3 (red, green and blue) or does colours like orange shows up on the Maxidot and MIB too?

12 hours ago, Legend said:

Mines the same as this...

Same as mine or it's applied across the MIB and Maxidot?

10 hours ago, wg100 said:

Under the background lighting option, the settings are only there to adjust footwell lighting brightness and the brightness and colour of the door lighting strips.

Yeah I get this. Where I am coming from is the colour scheme selected should be applied to the MIB and Maxidot too (notice that green tinge around the words “Range”, “Distance” and “Journey info”) - this is when Green is selected:

AF8A2AF3-FF9A-4F56-8A03-904907A611E5.jpeg

7C303C85-8CD2-4CF4-A014-46E1F9FEE5FD.jpeg

D75640C5-9A32-4588-AA79-29F3B79E0372.jpeg

Edited by wingzee

I suspect this got to do with the hardware version of the MIB - I think earlier batches of the FL got the older H50 hardware whilst the later ones got the H54 which allows that configuration. Can anyone with has same colour schemes across all 3 confirm their version of the MIB hardware please? Mine as shown:

07DD6FC6-EA78-4577-B862-E804FB2F76F9.jpeg

All 3 change for my MY18. I was told by the service advisor that all the early builds are green maxi dot and infotainment, the later builds (post week 23 maybe?) have the ability to change all 3 displays to match any colour selected. Not sure if this is a software thing and able to be upgraded. 

Side note, in Australia, phonebox isn't a selectable option but all early MY18 builds had it as standard, all later builds are missing it.  Seems a poor swap for adjustable colours on the maxi dot. 

20171105_182747.jpg

2 hours ago, Joe93 said:

All 3 change for my MY18. I was told by the service advisor that all the early builds are green maxi dot and infotainment, the later builds (post week 23 maybe?) have the ability to change all 3 displays to match any colour selected. Not sure if this is a software thing and able to be upgraded. 

Side note, in Australia, phonebox isn't a selectable option but all early MY18 builds had it as standard, all later builds are missing it.  Seems a poor swap for adjustable colours on the maxi dot. 

20171105_182747.jpg

Thanks mate. That’s great to know. Confirming that my early Australia MY18 build has the wireless phone charging functionality (tested) but misses out on the adjustable colour schemes for MIB & Maxidot.

• 10 months later...

Starting with MY2019, you can have these lights in Auto, meaning with Driving Mode Selection you can customize them for ECO, NORMAL, SPORT.

Does anyone know if we can add this to earlier cars? Is it a software update? VCDS? Is it even possible?

• 1 year later...