single door opening/lock setting problem

i have door locks set to single  door opening, sometimes when i get out after driving i find that all the doors inc boot are unlocked,  and sometimes all the other doors are locked, i have the autolock on, so far Skoda techs are just saying they have no idea why, they tried to tell me single door means all doors are unlocked, i pointed out if this is the case there is still a problem as sometimes all the other doors are locked when i get out, i checked manual, i was right, driver door should be the only one to unlock when i get out. Has anyone got any ideas please, i know there was a recall on childlocks not working sometimes but not sure this would mean boot would also be unlocked if this is the problem

Nope .. that is not OK, @judi ...   even tho' my direct experience is with current Fabia and an old Passat - both set for "One door open" - the other doors do not open when drivers door is opened after journey.

Defeats the whole point of the security element of this. Especially the boot - which shouldn't be open even if car to set to "open all doors".  And, neither should the other doors open either. The door opening setting is for when you arrive at the car, to get into it.

Is the car new, or did it have a previous owner? Does the car have .. history?

Certainly something awry there. They need to sort it.

Edit : ... I wonder if there's a connection with the other problem you posted, about the "No driver detected" message. :wondering:

Edited by Dithane
  • Like 1

i bought it from a dearship it had a previous owner, it's on a 2016 plate, i am begining to think the dealer knew it had problems when i bought it in june. Skoda just don't seem to be able to answer any of my questions, i have also told them that when i set screen on infotainment system to since last start for example, it will stay on that sometimes, after i have turned off and restarted car, other times it will change to another screen, for example green score, their answer... no idea if it should stay on same screen most people leave it set on radio screen, told him i don't want that 

Edited by judi

Skoda UK customer services are now involved and are speaking to the dealer for me and are arranging for it to go in to try and find the faults, get me some answers and hopefully fix the problems

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, judi said:

Skoda UK customer services are now involved and are speaking to the dealer for me and are arranging for it to go in to try and find the faults, get me some answers and hopefully fix the problems

Brilliant  - way to go .. hope they come up with an answer. And yes - on my car - tried leaving it on the "Since last Start" screen - and yes - it's still on it at next start up.

Keep posting updates. Lot of people on here with experience of dealing with stuff like this - in case you need any support with what they come back to you with. 

Ciao.

• Like 1

For your "since last start" screen, do you have the Columbus nav unit?

I have a 2014 MIB1 Columbus unit & have had a problem since the start of ownership where sometimes the music starts playing from the first track of the SD-card instead of remembering where it got to previously.

It only does this sometimes & others its fine (maybe 20/80%).

If I press & hold the power button until the unit resets then it will start correctly from the last track it was playing before.

I'm assuming that there is some kind of startup/reset problem causing it to soft reset sometimes.

It could be the same case for you.

I've spent several hours with the dealers (who have been excellent) trying to correct this with new firmware each time but they have no responce/reply from Skoda who don't recognise it as an issue.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2017 at 18:57, Dithane said:

Brilliant  - way to go .. hope they come up with an answer. And yes - on my car - tried leaving it on the "Since last Start" screen - and yes - it's still on it at next start up.

Keep posting updates. Lot of people on here with experience of dealing with stuff like this - in case you need any support with what they come back to you with. 

Ciao.

it is booked in on the 21st november, i will give you an update when i get it back, i have an issue with the stop start being a tad irratic, the girl booking my car in said it's not the first time i've heard this, first time finally it is being rec as a problem and not trying to blame me, if they think i will just give up, they picked the wrong girl lol the more they try to fob me off the more determined i get. Skoda customer services have been great, called me back today like she said she would, to see if i had been contacted by dealer, told her no, she called dealer and i got a call within a few hours, she is calling back tomorrow to make sure i've been contacted by dealer x

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

well that was the waste of a day off work Skoda Manchester said they couldn't replicate any of the faults, prob couldn't with door locks as they didn't listen when i said it was when i get out after driving, they said couldn't find fault with stop start, even though i told them it kicks in as soon as i move off when the engine is cold, even on frosty days it also kicks in after reversing, i rang to speak to service, they said they would call back, still waiting anyway, ANOTHER call to Skoda UK CS and they get another dealer to call me, they call on Fri, they said book it in, i said off tomorrow, Saturday, they said bring in at 10am, Manchester refused to do a diagnostic on a Sat, told tec guy of problems, including infotainment screen, and he instantly had ideas what could be wrong, and finally someone admitted there are things wrong, it is now booked in for 2/3 days on 5th Dec..... the saga continues lol