BMW 330e M Sport

planehazza

Unfortunately most stuff is an option on the 3 series!

I have a voice control button on the steering wheel but it doesn't do anything.

Drop me a PM and we'll get something arranged.

I like the big screen becasue you can use the split screen options. However £900 :o

The 330e is quite far up the range, I'd have thought it would be quite well specced to start with.

I never use the voice stuff, it's too awful. I'm sure it's just a ploy to get me to renew the ConnectedDrive service.

8 minutes ago, Aspman said:

I like the big screen becasue you can use the split screen options. However £900 :o

The 330e is quite far up the range, I'd have thought it would be quite well specced to start with.

I never use the voice stuff, it's too awful. I'm sure it's just a ploy to get me to renew the ConnectedDrive service.

Yeah, bit gutted if I'm honest.  I think it's standard on the 530e, but it's then a whole new pricing ball game again.

Speccing the £900 media pack pushes the monthly cost up a good £40 to about £420; it's just too much.  The 530e M Sport is on special offer at ~£370 but it's only a two year lease. Pros and cons to that too. I think after two years I'd be a bit gutted to hand it back. I'd prefer a 3 year lease, but on the flip side, 2 years is less of a commitment if I realise I'm struggling a bit.

Hi

I did a search for "330e chat forums" and came across this forum.  It's pretty much what I did before i joined the conversation here: http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=89168

I've had a 330e since the beginning of September.  I have electric/memory seats, electric mirrors, interior comfort pack (folding seats, heated steering wheel and front seats, sliding armrest); Driving Assistant; sun protection glass, and folding rear headrests as options. 

To answer your questions:

- digital dash is not an option on the 330e.  You get what they call "Full Black Panel Display" in the instrument cluster so you toggle things like the trip computer read outs, electric range, navigation arrows etc when you press in the left stalk;
- adaptive suspension is not available on the 330e;
- folding seats are now standard on the Sport since September but not on the M Sport (and Shadow Edition);
- LED headlights are now standard;
- pre-conditioning does heat the cabin;
- the pro-nav is £900 extra (with touch screen and a 20gb hard drive for music), has a larger screen so you can have split screen display (I have the standard smaller screen Business Nav and it's fine for me);
- voice command is fine - press the button, say "go home" and the navigation does just that.  A longer press will take you through to Siri on the iPhone if you have one.

Anymore questions, ask.

Cheers

Edited by Somebloke
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, DaveI said:

Just been to Greggs in my bosses new 530e, it's awesome, miles better than the 3 series.

If I had the choice it would be 5 series, without a doubt, in Bluestone, on 20s :)

Yeah I'm thinking that, but I can only afford it on special offer, which means no options, only two years, and a choice of Mediterranean Blue, Sophisto grey, or black, non of which I like.  Having said that, the standard M Sport 530 looks to be considerably better specced than the 330 M Sport.  Davel, I don't suppose you know if the 5 series boot is much deeper than the 3 series?

21 minutes ago, Somebloke said:

Hi

I did a search for "330e chat forums" and came across this forum.  It's pretty much what I did before i joined the conversation here: http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=89168

I've had a 330e since the beginning of September.  I have electric/memory seats, electric mirrors, interior comfort pack (folding seats, heated steering wheel and front seats, sliding armrest); Driving Assistant; sun protection glass, and folding rear headrests as options. 

To answer your questions:

- digital dash is not an option on the 330e.  You get what they call "Full Black Panel Display" in the instrument cluster so you toggle things like the trip computer read outs, electric range, navigation arrows etc when you press in the left stalk;
- adaptive suspension is not available on the 330e;
- folding seats are now standard on the Sport since September but not on the M Sport (and Shadow Edition);
- LED headlights are now standard;
- pre-conditioning does heat the cabin;
- the pro-nav is £900 extra (with touch screen and a 20gb hard drive for music), has a larger screen so you can have split screen display (I have the standard smaller screen Business Nav and it's fine for me);
- voice command is fine - press the button, say "go home" and the navigation does just that.  A longer press will take you through to Siri on the iPhone if you have one.

Anymore questions, ask.

Cheers

Thanks very much for this, appreciated.

20 minutes ago, Coops said:

330e boot is 370 litres 

530e boot is 410 litres

For comparison.  Can't find the exact dimensions at present. Both lose about 120 litres due to the batteries.

Thanks. I've just received a message from a fellow RC heli pilot and he says he was able to get his 700 size (~1.3m long) into the boot lengthways without problem, so no need for folding seats on the 530e. Happy days.  £385pm for 2 years on a 530e MSport 15kpy mileage; really tempted to just order it.

Dude, you're a bad influence. I'm just waiting to go to BMW again tonight to have another sit in one. My only reservation when I sat in a 5 series tourer was the size, but the saloon felt a bit smaller despite being the same size in the front cabin...

Shame it's only 2 years, but then, I guess it's less money spent...

Looking forward to the pics! :)

I'd take the 530 over the 330 ;). But having had a saloon for a while I think I'd probably take the tourer if there wasn't much money in it.

New 5s look really nice btw.

And you went to GREGGS in it :blink:

I've got the full black panel display. If I'm honest I'm not sure what is adds but it's probably better. Mine was 2nd hand so I didn't pick the options.

I've never used the 20Gb hard drive. TBH I don't even know how.

the car connects well to my Amazon Music and newer version have even better software.

Touring more practical but again not available in 530e, saloon only. 

I'd take the 5 though. Better spec'd from the start. More room - certainly for rear passengers. Do you have a family? 

1 minute ago, Coops said:

Touring more practical but again not available in 530e, saloon only. 

I'd take the 5 though. Better spec'd from the start. More room - certainly for rear passengers. Do you have a family? 

Nope, no kids. Just me and the girlfriend. Very rare to have 4 or 5 people in my car.  It's the boot that was the concern but I don't need to worry about that on 5 series. :)

• Like 1

5 vs 3, no contest.

Plus when you have a 3 series you really notice how many of them there are on the road!

That's my old 120d in the pics as well, a colleague is driving it until it goes back in January.

IMG_9770.jpg

IMG_9767.jpg

IMG_9769.jpg

Edited by DaveI

Very nice! Love those wheels, sadly I can't spec anything on the special order I'm going for.  Is that Sophisto Grey?

Someone lend me their testicles so I can stop faffing about and just confirm the order please :D

Edited by planehazza

That colour is Bluestone, the Sophisto is a darker shade but is still the best colour out of your limited choice.

If I couldn't get Bluestone I think Sophisto would be my second choice.

doit.gif

It's done.  Sophisto Grey 2017 530e M Sport.  14k miles per year for two years, £384pm, taxed, insured, fully maintained.  I pay nothing else but petrol and the leccy bill.  Current estimate is January, and seeing that it's an existing order, it should be fairly quick :)

• Like 2

Nice one. That 5 looks really good.

Pics of Sophisto needed stat.

Can I ask what the deposit on that 5 was? That's the sort of deal I might consider myself next year before the 3 hits 3

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Aspman said:

Nice one. That 5 looks really good.

Pics of Sophisto needed stat.

Can I ask what the deposit on that 5 was? That's the sort of deal I might consider myself next year before the 3 hits 3

No deposit whatsoever.  It's a true lease; it'll never be mine, and there's no option to buy. No matter how much I might want to keep it, the car goes back after two years and my salary goes back up to what it currently is.

• Like 1

Plus if you have any equity in your Octavia that will go straight in the bank :cool:

Will you be charging it every night? If not they are fairly heavy on fuel mind, maybe should have mentioned that before :)

Do you have the option of having it debadged? I hate the amount of badges on mine, model on the back M badges on the font wings and E Drive badges on the C post.

• Like 1

Hi mate, yeah I'm going to list the Octavia for sale once everything is through and formal. I need to get the girlfriend and dad to fill in some forms so they can be added as named drivers (free!), so I should have all the paper work submitted tomorrow.  My Octavia is not in great nic though; it will need a new clutch soon, there is a boost issue meaning the stage 1 map is not being fully realised.  On the flip side, it is generally ok cosmetically and it has 1500 mile old B12s and the odd other bit. I'm going to list it for sale here, make it very clear that it needs work, and see if I can't get £4k for it.  Failing that, off to WBAC it goes, probably for about £3400; current offer from them is £3800, but the paint work isn't brilliant.

Nope, zero options sadly.  Had I spec'd one outside of the special offer, it was a £0 option to have it debadged, but the 'build' 530e M Sport started at £440.  Instead, I've gone for the special offer, which is essentially a standard M Sport with no options, already sent to BMW; order # XYZ will just get assigned to me and I'll receive it when finished.  Pretty good as I've potentially halved the lead time.

Looking beyond 2 or 3 years; as much as I expect the PHEV BMW to be awesome, I'm not convinced I'd ever have a used PHEV.  I know PHEV batteries are different ball game to those in phones/laptops etc, but batteries still only have so many cycles.  I can imagine the LiIon packs from BMW being VERY costly to replace, and I can't see them being very good after only two years.  The already poor range on the BMW is going to be terrible after the lease time is up.

Edited by planehazza
  • Like 1

Excellent, I would have been happier with the 2 year lease as I would change cars every 6 months if I could!

You have definitely made the right choice going for the 5 over the 3, a much nicer, bigger more well equipped car.

Now just the horrible waiting part :dull: