5th Gear Juddering

Hi All,

New to this forum as I have just bought a Skoda Roomster 1.6 Tdi 2011. It has 38,500 miles but also has a very little nagging problem. It drives absolutely fine up to 4th gear but when going into 5th gear at about 60mph to 70mph there is a juddering with the car. This ceases after 70mph and the car cruises good. 

Am I driving it right or is there something more sinister?? 

I have trawled the forums but can find nothing about this and the roomster on all websites seems very reliable.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Dave

^^^ No you do not 'NEED ONE',  but VW Group would like you to have one.    For their sake, not yours.

Risky,  but then with it you get a 24 Month Peace of mind guarantee that The Fix will not adversely affect your vehicle, 

not saying much then since it is already not going properly.

Best research The Fix,  threads in most sections of BRISKODA that have Euro 5 TDI engines, 

& in the General Car Chat section, News Section and others.

• 4 months later...

Is this clutch slip? If clutch is wearing out it shows up in the highest gear first

Do a clutch test - driving in top gear at 30mph in a 40mph limit - slightly dip/slip the clutch and then floor the throttle at the same time as fully releasing the clutch, it should snap the engine revs down to suit the top gear, if revs waver higher then the clutch is on it's way out