Noob....superb 4x4

Steviejay

Thanks buddy it's a 2.0 tdi 170 cr 4x4 estate elegance and I have to say I LOVE it.

Just getting the 18's powder coated a nice anthracite as the polished fronts were looking pretty sad.

One thing I did notice is a small bit of corrosion on the boot lid sill and above the rear number plate?

It's an Oct  2010 plate.

Lovely car though :)

On 8/11/2017 at 16:51, Steviejay said:

Thanks buddy it's a 2.0 tdi 170 cr 4x4 estate elegance and I have to say I LOVE it.

Just getting the 18's powder coated a nice anthracite as the polished fronts were looking pretty sad.

One thing I did notice is a small bit of corrosion on the boot lid sill and above the rear number plate?

It's an Oct  2010 plate.

Lovely car though :)

I had polished 18s on Superbs before and when changing the cars after three years, the wheels weren’t looking the best.  That’s the problem with polished surface wheels.  The anthracite will really freshen the look.  The 170 is a great engine with plenty of torque on reserve!

Yea can't wait to get it back was meant to be done sat but they couldn't get the locking nuts off as they were the wrong set!

Ffs 

So looking at Monday afternoon will look like a different car with it done as the alloys really did look shabby compared to the rest of the car.

20171107_083419.jpg

8 hours ago, Steviejay said:

Yea can't wait to get it back was meant to be done sat but they couldn't get the locking nuts off as they were the wrong set!

Ffs 

So looking at Monday afternoon will look like a different car with it done as the alloys really did look shabby compared to the rest of the car.

20171107_083419.jpg

My wife drives your car too?

12 hours ago, Snaefell said:

Hi Stevie:-

Before and after pics of the wheels would be appreciated when they're finished.

And what colour finishes are available?

Cheers...Snaefell - Marown, IoM.

Will do.

They can do them absolutly any colour you like, right down to a textured splatter finish lol

I went for a standard anthrocite dark silver as the car is dark and wanted it to look nice and modern as lots of cars these days are going down the darker theme.

I'll post up some pics once they are done, one wheel had a slight buckle very minor but that's all sorted.

They will be a lot better afterwards, properly acid stripped stuffs removed then the relevant coatings and the powder coat and laquer.

Can't wait :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2017 at 19:54, Snaefell said:

Hi Stevie:-

Before and after pics of the wheels would be appreciated when they're finished.

And what colour finishes are available?

Cheers...Snaefell - Marown, IoM.

Will do.

They can do them absolutly any colour you like, right down to a textured splatter finish lol

I went for a standard anthrocite dark silver as the car is dark and wanted it to look nice and modern as lots of cars these days are going down the darker theme.

I'll post up some pics once they are done, one wheel had a slight buckle very minor but that's all sorted.

They will be a lot better afterwards, properly acid stripped stuffs removed then the relevant coatings.

20171122_145508.jpg

Edited by Steviejay
Spelling
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/12/2017 at 20:02, Snaefell said:

They look a real quality fitment.  Skoda have come a (very) long way since the 80's.

Thanks mate LOVE it...and now it's snowing so will be drifting the 4x4 about the work carpark later lol

20171210_074750.jpg