Digital cluster display

vadimo

My dealer has responded regarding the digital dashboard in the Karoq "at present this option is not currently available. The latest update that we had gave an approximate availability for the option as mid year, but to be confirmed."

• 6 months later...

Nothing.  In actual fact I've moved on and just ordered another marque.  I had settled on a Peugeot 3008 but found a six month lead time so I've gone for a BMW X1.  Had Skoda had that digital dash six months ago I would have ordered the Karoq then but the delay (and lack of info) caused me to look around and, as I said, move on.

Apart from a news item on their corporate website, no mention on their UK site nor in the online brochures / configurator.  As a matter of interest I just rang my local dealer and they have no details regarding cost or availability.  Sounds like you have insider information :)

8 minutes ago, RedSkoda2 said:

Apart from a news item on their corporate website, no mention on their UK site nor in the online brochures / configurator.  As a matter of interest I just rang my local dealer and they have no details regarding cost or availability.  Sounds like you have insider information :)

I would have thought dealers would have details of costs etc by now, as info of what MY 19 changes has been available for a wee while now.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=123926

MY19 Changes .pdf

Edited by Kenny R

I must have been talking to the apprentice.  Although I've now ordered something else, when I'm next passing a showroom I'll pop into to see for myself out of curiosity.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My dealer took the order for my Karoq with digital cluster.  I received this from AutoeBid The Digital Cockpit is available to be fitted from the end of November onwards. I was under the impression it was available now.  I contacted Skoda UK for confirmation and they stated they are still awaiting confirmation from the factory regarding spec for MY19.  All the other models they have recieved the spec for.  I was informed that my car would be ready by Nov by the dealer, looks like two hopes!

4 hours ago, VAGCF said:

Bloomin' right we are! Should be cheaper than traditional dials not more expensive!

Actually no. The Digital Cluster is an entire additional computer powered by nVidia Tegra SOC. This thing has a high quality LCD screen (or at least a quality level for car usage) some RAM, some kind of MMC storage for the OS this thing runs on and so on.

Look at this cluster as a high end specialized tablet. Oh and don't forget the "fancy new tech" tax :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ThoCro said:

Ordered a Karoq on August 13th. Digital dash added to order, part no 9S0, cost +3900 SEK , approx 330 GBP. Confirmed production on September 20th.

Skoda Sweden has made good deal about the prices and manufacturing slot. We eastern neighbors pay for the same fun 4395 SEK, 374 GBP plus our CO2 based tax (+22-25%). And we wait 10 months.

Don't laugh, we suffer for it.

If you try to find some positive about that, we get MY19B version in early spring/late winter (hope not MY20 ;) ).

Edited by Grumpy Finn

• 1 year later...