Best water pump to buy?

Agarner

I want to buy a waterpump kit for my 2002 1.8t but coming across different makes of waterpumps using different material for the turbine. Hearing mixed reviews about each one makes it hard to choose which one to buy so my question is. What would you guys prefere or advise to use? 

6 minutes ago, SuperbTWM said:

I have never had any issues with aftermarket pumps but I generally like to use OEM.

It is a pain having to take the old pump back though as there is a surcharge on it.

Yeah i do use OEM if i need to replace anything usually its just with people saying aftermarket ones are ok and others saying to aviod...the price of an aftermarket one was tempting but i am considering sticking to OEM for this one

1 hour ago, Agarner said:

Yeah i do use OEM if i need to replace anything usually its just with people saying aftermarket ones are ok and others saying to aviod...the price of an aftermarket one was tempting but i am considering sticking to OEM for this one

I think the failure of the earlier plastic impellers swayed people from using OEM and started using after market ones that still used a brass impeller but they have sorted that out now and I would have more confidence in the quality of the bearing and seal in an OEM part but any reputable brand should be just as good. 

Another point is that buying from the dealer prevents you buying counterfeit parts from the likes of ebay that may seem to be coming from a reputable manufacture. Getting the parts locally of course you shouldn't have that problem

• 1 year later...