Just got a citigo and have some queries.

Triton1963

Hi

have just got a citigo as a back up car to my VW T5 so I don’t have to use the T5 for my business. 

Have to say I am impressed. I was lucky to find a 2014 Citigo S with 4100 miles on it and in that short time someone saw fit to have it serviced 3 times!!  It looks like it’s just come out of the factory. 

Anyway my queries are. Does the 2014 have a fuel filter. All my research would suggest not. If not is there an aftermarket kit?

i know Haynes don’t do a manual. Have seen a couple of repair manuals for sale online for the citigo and wondered if they were any good and can the forum members recommend one? 

Thanks 

>Does the 2014 have a fuel filter?

No filter as such, but there is a gauze strainer on the end of the fuel pick-up pipe in the fuel tank.

>If not is there an aftermarket kit?

Not to my knowledge, though you could fit an in-line filter from the pump to the injectors.  Caution:-  the fuel line operates at approx. 40 psi, so any modifications will have to withstand that sort of pressure (+ a safety margin of around 150%).

In reality, a filter isn't needed.  The forecourt fuel pumps supply filtered fuel and the car's tank is made of plastic, which isn't subject to corrosion and associated debris suffered by the old metal tanks.  Plastic tanks suffer less from condensation and modern fuels have additives that absorb water and detergents to keep the tank clean.

If it sets your mind at ease, my Toyota Aygo (2008-16) did 120k miles without any work on the fuel system.

Regards...Snaefell.

• Thanks 1