Got the bug for Shark, maybe.

Okay, I have had my VRS for nearly 3 years now and I keep reading how much better it could be with a remap. The only remap I have ever had in the past was on a Honda Accord CTDI and it certainly improved it no end. Most peoples opinion seems to be to go with Shark, so I am possibly going to use one of their dealers in Milton Keynes. Does anybody know if Shark have any offers out at the moment, or the price at this moment in time to stage 1 my car. The dealers online don't seem to put a price on the map in their adds. Will ring up Monday to find out anyway, just wondered what price it may be right now. The one thing that does make me hesitate a little, is the extra price of insurance, that is with insurance companys that will insure modified cars.

Thanks all you guys on this site for any useful info you can give me.  

7 hours ago, roaddetective said:

Thank's for that john999boy. Can't find that deal on there yet, but I will keep looking.

Oops - my bad. It was actually a tweet where I spotted it. :thumbup:

It's almost Black Friday! Are you sick of hearing about it already? Who's up for a special offer? Comment below... (link: http://fb.me/9eanRJ6Lz) fb.me/9eanRJ6Lz

You won't be disappointed with the car mapped. I remapped my vrs 170 pd a few years ago using Shark. The car was transformed really eager to rev and bags of midrange torque. The dpf was left in but I wish I'd had it removed tbh and I wouldve kept that car. I now have a tfsi petrol with a revo switchable map and again the difference is like night and day switched on or off. Both maps are excellent in my opinion. The petrol pulls strong from high gears from just above tick over. 

8 hours ago, meaty101 said:

You won't be disappointed with the car mapped. I remapped my vrs 170 pd a few years ago using Shark. The car was transformed really eager to rev and bags of midrange torque. The dpf was left in but I wish I'd had it removed tbh and I wouldve kept that car. I now have a tfsi petrol with a revo switchable map and again the difference is like night and day switched on or off. Both maps are excellent in my opinion. The petrol pulls strong from high gears from just above tick over. 

Yes I am looking forward to the drive back from the garage after it's done. Talked to them again today and they seem to be on the ball. I asked, what do they check before they map it and I got the answer I was looking for. They check the fuel cam follower, Diverter valve and the PCV system. They also have them all in stock. From what I understand, these things can be a weak point, especially after a remap. Just hope afterwards my clutch is still in good enough condition to hold the extra power.