Tips on looking after my 64 plate vrs

Chris67

13 minutes ago, thomasaspin said:

always run 99ron or above fuel check spark plugs every 5-10K for sooting up, timing chain is an essential check for stretching 

The fuel... I'm doing.. :) The plugs are next...  Need to sort out which 1s to buy..? 

And in the process of quotes for warranty... skoda main dealer  is the best so far....  

Just now, Chris67 said:

The fuel... I'm doing.. :) The plugs are next...  Need to sort out which 1s to buy..? 

And in the process of quotes for warranty... skoda main dealer  is the best so far....  

I'm running denso plugs which most people are on here with them gapped to 0.7mm but some people run NGK platinum iridium , costco do really cheap 99ron fuel if there is one near you and I'm a big fan of it. i have had a skoda warranty and couldn't fault it but do be carefull as I'm sure its underwritten by another outside company which will try and find any excuse not to pay out which someone on here is in the process going through legal proceedings with.

Welcome.

If there is a Full Skoda Service History what has been done?

Has it not just had new Spark Plugs & an Air Filter, has the brake fluid just been changed at 3 years old ? 

Do you have the Service & any Warranty work done details?

Is your car one that needs Service Campaign '34H5' a Software update for the DSG, was it done?

Skoda Warranty is the one to buy.

Extended Warranty from ŠKODA Insurance – putting ŠKODA into your insurance..mhtml

Edited by Headinawayoffski

Morning.. thank you for the suggestions... full service 41,000 plugs etc ... I'll buy some plugs anyway.. and just Czech!!!! :D

i watched a you tube clip about removing the case/muffler on the supercharger.. supposed to improve sound.. and performance...? Anyone tried this..?   I'm worried about warranty... even changing the plugs to none standard.. they may get funny... 

Thx for the help.... ;)

Just get out there and enjoy it, you shouldn’t have any issues with it being one of the last vrs fabia.  I used to have a 14plate vrs and it was fantastic, never missed a beat in the 3.5years of ownership  

If worried about a Warranty then leaving the Supercharger Insulation well alone, and other stuff, 

get a Warranty covering 12 months and if all is good with your car then modify to your hearts delight.

No performance benefit on removing the Supercharger cover for road use in the UK.

Heat Soak or such is not an issue.

You are not putting in Non Standard plugs, you are putting in the correct cross reference plugs that are not NGK, 

just as Audi Master Techs did when Audi A1 185ps Twinchargers were having Misfire & excessive oil use.

Edited by Headinawayoffski

Hello... again thank you for that gr8 advice... plugs I'll get only replace if needed... it'll fun just to get the bonnet up n have a look... :)    And YES.. I WILL GET OUT AND ENJOY IT......