Switchable map with dsg

MarkyG82

Got a new to me Octy 3 150cr with dsg6(64 plate). Had the old Octavia remapped 2-3 years ago and it totally transformed the car.  Now looking to get the new one mapped but wandered if there was a system available to switch between maps via the sport mode on the dsg stick.  My idea would be a mild map for improved daily driving/economy in D and then a more aggressive map in S.

Tried searching but not much comes up. 

If this is not an option is the increased loud pedal response maintained following a regular remap?

Will ask my local trusted garage all of this when I get a chance.

Cheers

When you say improved daily driving, do you mean so that the gearbox selects a more appropriate gear? I don't know about you, but my DSG car selects 1-2 gears too high and labours a lot. I am looking at getting a DSG remap to adjust the shift points. I believe that S mode on the gear stick would be unaffected by this as it just changed the regular D mode.

I may be wrong though, so anyone feel free to correct me!!

When I first picked the car up I thought it was the gearbox but since then I found that if you give it a little more gas it holds onto the gears a lot longer in D.  S I only really use for hard acceleration or when going down hill.  Daily driving in S is a bit too revvy for me.

What I mean by improved daily driving is the general improvements you get from a good map; improved MPG; better power delivery; wider power/torque band.  What I want is a mild eco map in D and then switching to a full power map in S.  Having spoken to a couple of tuners (one of which will probably do the final map) I don't think this is possible without a fair bit of time/money.  I believe it can be done but will need a custom 'box setup and probably an aftermarket ECU.  Both of which are out of my price range for now, especially as I have a major service to pay for.

^^^

Not sure that your DQ200 DSG will benefit much from APR's remap even if your remap the 1.2TSI to stage 1.

Best try it on a Demonstrator if Awesome GTI or other APR Dealers have one available.

I tried a Seat Ibiza 1.2 TSI with a Stage 1 Remap and the DSG remapped and it was still a slug, but better than standard with about 140ps,

(on 99 ron, not 95 or 97 ron, and no 98 ron in the UK.)

just the DSG was no better. Left foot braking might suit some though if they want that.

http://goapr.co.uk

Edited by AwaoffSki

A DSG remap will adjust the shift points to where I would like them, so in my situation, it would make the driveability of the car a lot better. 

I agree that the stage 1 ECU map may not do much, but it is still an option.

The stage 1 remap makes a difference, as to improving your DQ200 DSG with that remapped, that is what i am questioning,

that is why surely you would try to drive one with this done.

As it is your Yeti is what it is if behaving properly. Does it behave as others the same as your do?

You have had the MCU replaced at 7,000 miles and seem to have a fault with your DSG, 

getting someone to Remap that seems the wrong thing to do, 

best get the car fixed properly with your warranty, then when running without vibrations then maybe improve on that if you must.

Anyone working on your car such as a Tuning Company should be made aware that before starting the car is running badly.

Otherwise they are liable to you saying their workmanship / software is at fault.

Edited by AwaoffSki

3 hours ago, AwaoffSki said:

The stage 1 remap makes a difference, as to improving your DQ200 DSG with that remapped, that is what i am questioning,

that is why surely you would try to drive one with this done.

As it is your Yeti is what it is if behaving properly. Does it behave as others the same as your do?

You have had the MCU replaced at 7,000 miles and seem to have a fault with your DSG, 

getting someone to Remap that seems the wrong thing to do, 

best get the car fixed properly with your warranty, then when running without vibrations then maybe improve on that if you must.

Anyone working on your car such as a Tuning Company should be made aware that before starting the car is running badly.

Otherwise they are liable to you saying their workmanship / software is at fault.

I have been assured by 2 dealers that my car is fault free and also, a work colleague has just got a 2017 dsg Yeti 1.2 and theirs does the same thing that mine does. This leads me to believe that it is normal. 

I think you are being mis-lead but then a Trained Qualified Technician doing a Remap for you can make sure that everything is mechanically right and the software / factory management of the DSG / Engine is.

Have things all working as should before modifying that.

Maybe someone with a Laptop and computer knowledge remapping can not, so use a Mechanic or Technician..

Here is an example.

Do not fix fault engines or drivetrains by trying just to increase the performance.

This is engine faults, as it is your DSG was faulty and might still be despite assurances at Skoda Dealership workshops.

http://www.revotechnik.com/support/technical/14tsi-twincharger-engine-issues 

Edited by AwaoffSki

The link you put does not work?

If a brand new 1.2 dsg Yeti acts the same as mine and another one I've tried also did it, why does that mean there is a fault with it?

Yes I was concerned by it, but the I've had 2 master technicians assure me that it is not faulty and that it is just a lower sounding engine note that is more resonant on certain road surfaces because of the low revs. 

If I get the car remapped at all, the company I've been in contact with (Avon Tuning) have said they do a full health check of the vehicle to make sure it is suitable to be remapped. 

• Like 1

All sounds good then, what can go wrong with that then, other than the Warranty you have goes and Avon Tuning will cover their Workmanship and software but not any outstanding mechanical issue.

http://avontuning.co.uk 

If the brand new car is actually ok and acts the same as yours then maybe both are ok, or both faulty.

Your posts on vibrations do not sound as though yours is running as the Engineers of the biggest or 2nd manufacturer of cars in the world intended them to.

Edited by AwaoffSki

I'm going to wait until my approved used warranty expires first.

Well, all I have been told is that there is no mechanical problems with the car at all and that it is performing exactly as the software wants it to. Maybe in the final 8 months of my warranty an issue will become more apparent, but at least I have between now and then for that to happen before I go ahead with the DSG remap and possibly the stage 1 ECU remap.