Updating the infotainment system

I am going to do mine, car is just approaching 24mths old and I have never done it.

My question I see how is it done? 

Do I use the original SD card from the card and put the update on there, or is it a fresh SD card? Does the unit recognise the card or do you have to prompt it somehow?

I did find an online ‘guide’ but it wasn’t very guiding!

65 Plate with an Amundsen unit. It’s whatever you do via the online update portal. I’ve never done it!

12 hours ago, wg100 said:

What exactly do you mean by updating infotainment? Is it the navigation maps or the actual headunit software you're trying to update?

What headunit have you got in your car?

9 hours ago, Dinesy said:

65 Plate with an Amundsen unit. It’s whatever you do via the online update portal. I’ve never done it!

The online portal is map updates.

On the Amundsen you MUST use a genuine Skoda SD card (as it contains hidden security data that cannot be removed even by formatting). Copy the existing files onto a PC as a backup then delete them from the card (or do a quick FAT32 format which is faster) and copy the downloaded and unzipped files onto the SD card.

• Thanks 1