Parking Sensors

Picked up 2010 vrs tsi and very pleased, however confused with parking sensors...car has them front and rear bumper. Placed in reverse there is an audible beep then start beeping the closer I get to an obstruction but no graphics show on the Bolero, also driving forward there is no beeping as i nose up to a car...there is also no button to activate them on the console. Can anyone advise?

9 hours ago, Shodan said:

Picked up 2010 vrs tsi and very pleased, however confused with parking sensors...car has them front and rear bumper. Placed in reverse there is an audible beep then start beeping the closer I get to an obstruction but no graphics show on the Bolero, also driving forward there is no beeping as i nose up to a car...there is also no button to activate them on the console. Can anyone advise?

Have you checked to see if the display is disabled on the stereo? On my mk2 octavia you can turn the display off so it doesnt show the graphics but still beeps

Just found the switch for the front parking sensors...small switch with red led which is below the headlights switch. Reckon the system is after market install...this will explain the lack of display image. Thanks for feedback.

• Thanks 1

On this subject of rear camera views.Had to reverse in this snow visability not great, looking at radio screen saw for the first time saw not only the car thingy but getting closer to object and with the usual bleeps saw where the nearest obstruction was. I have always reversed with the bleeps so this is added bonus. Wonder whether it was the bang I had on the front recently.