Monte Carlo newbie

Hi.

Been lurking in the forum background for a while since ordering a Monte Carlo Fabia to replace my Yeti. 

Picked it up today. Will try to post some more pics of it later this week.

Darren 

DSC_1552.JPG

• Like 2

Nice. Are they the smaller of the wheels?

if you could have different seats on the Monte Carlo I’d have one as a second car. The seats are a little OTT for me. 

Really nice car, beautiful colour. Enjoy 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tim1631 said:

Nice. Are they the smaller of the wheels?

Hi.

No, these are the optional 17's.

16's look a little small for my preference. 

Thanks 

Darren 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rum4mo said:

Oh!

You didn't need that when you have just got your new car, I'm guessing from the reg you are in Wales, you can keep the snow if you want!

Ha. 

Yes. Ironic that the day I get rid of the 4x4 we have the worst snow in years. 

The fabia couldn't get up the slop off the driveway yesterday when I got it back home. 

Oh well. Best get used to digging and gritting. 

Thanks 

Is this the moment to panic and buy a set of winter wheels and tyres, my wife's 2015 Polo has 215/45 X 16 so, I bought a set of used VW 15" Alloys 6J ET40 and a set of Michelin Alpins, so far that has worked well enough, the winter tyres are 185/60 X 15.

2 hours ago, rum4mo said:

Is this the moment to panic and buy a set of winter wheels and tyres, my wife's 2015 Polo has 215/45 X 16 so, I bought a set of used VW 15" Alloys 6J ET40 and a set of Michelin Alpins, so far that has worked well enough, the winter tyres are 185/60 X 15.

Well..... 

Funny you should  mentioned that. 

I have a set of steels and winters from the yeti they're 16s but ET45 I think so not sure they would fit (been googling tyre/wheel size for the fabia but there's nothing online). 

So, yes. Once they're sold I'll replace them with a set that will fit the fabia or buy some chains/socks instead. 

Edited by Darren09
Spelling. Ooops

The current Polo's original factory fit 16" 7j alloys are  ET46 - sounds very much like they would be okay, now that might be handy.

Edit:- is there not a sticker on the driver's door closure or on the fuel flap that details some wheel options along with pressures, that might give you some confidence/guidance?

Edited by rum4mo

58 minutes ago, rum4mo said:

Edit:- is there not a sticker on the driver's door closure or on the fuel flap that details some wheel options along with pressures, that might give you some confidence/guidance?

Yeah probably, when I can find it!!

Ha ha. 

Thanks for the advice tho. I'll check it out. 

Edited by Darren09

• 3 weeks later...

I have just ordered a Monte Carlo and there is now a no cost option to have black seats and back centre console.  Not quite sure what seats I will get yet though.  Have emailed Skoda and they don't seem entirely sure and neither do the dealer.  The configurator seems to show the black seats with the white stitched diamonds so hopefully it will be those.....fingers crossed.  I will be getting it in March as I can't hand my current car back until then...will post some pictures as soon as I can and let you know.

1 hour ago, turnh said:

I have just ordered a Monte Carlo and there is now a no cost option to have black seats and back centre console.  Not quite sure what seats I will get yet though.  Have emailed Skoda and they don't seem entirely sure and neither do the dealer.  The configurator seems to show the black seats with the white stitched diamonds so hopefully it will be those.....fingers crossed.  I will be getting it in March as I can't hand my current car back until then...will post some pictures as soon as I can and let you know.

Seats sound like those that came as standard, (no other option), with my 2015 SE L hatch.  They're OK.

Yeah not sure really.  Skoda just replied and said they are black with grey at the side so sound different again to what the configurator shows.....so it will be a surprise when the car turns up.....to be fair I will be happy with either.  I have ordered the car in dark grey so think the black will look nice....hopefully.

9dmLRSewQBihTmEHuKLr6g.jpg

• Like 1