Problem with felicia

Hello everyone...i have some problems with my felicia.The oil light starts to flashing on idle when the engine gets hot.And the other problem is that when it gets hot it cant revs easily.Can anyone help me.Thank you a lot

@SIMEONIDIS  Well, when oil gets hotter it gets thinner, so idle oil pressure will drop as the engine heats up.

Having said that, I still think the problem is more likely to be with either the oil pressure sender or the oil pump. That could be enough to cause a reluctance to rev.

Other common problems with a reluctance to rev when hot include worn spark plugs, mis-set points gap (distributor engines only), "cooked" high tension leads and bad coil pack(s), depending on engine spec.

Ricardo, I know this is a bit general but without more specific info on the exact engine spec...

Thank you very much for your fast anwser.The engine i m running is 136m and its fully elctronic without distributor.I was thinking that my oil pump fails but i couldn t explain why the car cant rev and travel easy after it gets hot

@SIMEONIDIS - Well, that really only rules out the distributor you don't have for certain.

We're agreed on the likely causes of the oil pressure issue, but the inability to rev is probably co-incidence.

Does it have a double ended coil (lost spark system where it sends sparks down HT leads to both cylinders at Top Dead Centre) or a separate coil pack for each cylinder? With lost spark I'd think HT leads and then spark plugs for the reluctance to rev, but with coil packs it's got to be either one or more bad plugs or bad coil packs.

@SIMEONIDIS

Welcome to the forum!

Too little information. Please tell us the following:

• the mileage of your car
  • how well do you maintain your car?
  • when did you change the engine oil & filter and what type of oil did you use?
  • is the oil level OK?
  • any smoke from the tail pipe?
  • how did the problem start?
  • any recent engine repair(s)?
  • how do you drive the car? Rally style, normal, old man style?
  • does the engine overheats fast?
  • any knocking sounds or strange noises?

Based only on your very short description, it's a low oil pressure condition. Why is that? We have to find out. Low oil pressure means the engine parts lack lubrication. Too much friction means excessive mechanical load.

@SIMEONIDIS @RicardoM - Further thoughts, based on having slept on it (literally).

The apparent low oil pressure can be any of an oil pressure switch issue (I've seen it happen following an oil change Ricardo), or one of a weak pump or part-blocked oil pickup. Of these the switch is far and away the easiest change since the other 2 mean dropping the sump to inspect and/or replace parts.

The loss of power when hot might be lack of lubrication, but in that event I'd expect over-heating (in the sense of the temperature gauge reading above normal, not necessarily the engine boiling). It could also be the spark plugs or coil pack developing a resistance or insulation breakdown when hot, but this would feel like a misfire rather than just loss of power in my experience.

So we need to know when the oil and spark plugs were last changed.

Hello guys
So here are the information you asked
The mileage is about 210000 km
The service wasn't so good(oil filter and oil every ~7500)
Last time i change oil was about before1000 km and i use Total 10w40
Oil level is ok(4.5 litres)
The smoke is something between white and light blue
The problem started after a repair(i changed timing chain,cylinder head,all flanges)
After problem someone told me that it could be the air sensor so i changed and also changed the crankshaft sensor
Actually its my mothers car so i think she drives normal
The engine gets the operating temperature about 5-10 minutes
After timing chain changed the engine dont have any sound
This is all information about the car
On the road sometimes its works fine(expect the oil light when on idle) But the most when i press the throttle it sounds like it sucks air and dont do the right combustion.
Thank you very much for your attension>

34 minutes ago, SIMEONIDIS said:

The problem started after a repair(i changed timing chain,cylinder head,all flanges)

This is evidence number 1.

35 minutes ago, SIMEONIDIS said:

The smoke is something between white and light blue

This is evidence number 2.

Now let's focus on them and dig deeper.

Who changed the timing chain? You? Are you sure the repair has been done correctly? How about the valve clearance setup? I'm asking all that because a bad valve timing could result in a lack of power.

Why did you change the cylinder head?? What do you mean by "all flanges"?

The smoke could be evidence for worn piston rings.

I strongly recommend to do a compression test (both dry and wet). If possible, do a cylinder leak down test too.

Good evening Ricardo
I changed the timing chain and i m pretty sure it is alright
Now the clearance of valves..one mechanic said to me that this engine have hydraulic lifters so i set up the clearance to 0mm
Cylinder head had a problem cause i used water instead of antifreeze for some months(i can't explain in english  sorry)
By all flanges i mean all seals and gaskets
So maybe i have to adjust the clearance correctly?
and i ll try somehow to do the compression test (probably at a store) 

4 hours ago, SIMEONIDIS said:

one mechanic said to me that this engine have hydraulic lifters so i set up the clearance to 0mm

Oh no...:thumbdown:... that mechanic knows nothing about the engine on Felicia.

The lifters are mechanic not hydraulic. The clearance must be set on a cold engine (0.25 mm for intake, 0.20 mm for exhaust).

4 hours ago, SIMEONIDIS said:

Cylinder head had a problem cause i used water instead of antifreeze for some months(i can't explain in english  sorry)

It's called corrosion.

• Like 2

On 13. 12. 2017 at 17:56, SIMEONIDIS said:

Now the clearance of valves..one mechanic said to me that this engine have hydraulic lifters so i set up the clearance to 0mm

I hope you didn't drive for long like that, you could burn exhaust valves.. luckily Felicia is durable

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
16 hours ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

why do so many "mechanics" think the felly has self adjusting valves

Because both Felicia 1.6 and Felicia 1.9 engines have self adjusting valves clearance by using hydraulic tappets? 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1