looking for 400-500bhp owners

theo_k

hi guys, I have read other forums about what needs to be done to get a car to 400-500bhp, the immediate answer yes I know is rods, pistons, fuel pump etc.  I read many posts but not one of them that gives a full list of parts needed.  So I want to attempt writing a list of parts/mods needed.  I will be updating the list along with prices and links if that post remains alive and busy.

So I am looking for any guys in here than actually have gone past the 400bhp mark, just want to hear their setup, what they should have done and what they should not have done.  And in general how bad or good the car is.  For example I read that you can go to 500bhp with stock valves as long as you dont rev over 7200, that means a turbo with a/r 62.

I made a list of things needed for the 400-500bhp setup, this one is slightly on a budget so I will have to buy as less parts as possible - not as cheap as possible. E.g. internal w/g turbo, no need for an external. Feel free to comment if you think I need (or dont need) something else.

Turbo - 3076/3071 internal w/g (so no need for an external)

Pistons - 81mm drop in

Piston rings

bearings

conrods - 19mm drop in (rifled or not?)

BOV 007 - can this be used on a Big turbo setup with a red spring maybe?

large Intercooler 

intercooler piping

spark plugs

custom intake without MAF

ECU programming (Rtech or badger 5 or anyone else?)

76mm full exhaust

CAT 100 CPSI

Sytec fuel pump (will it fit the stock pump housing?)

Injectors (880cc?)

Exhaust Manifold (SPA)

20V non-turbo cams (or can I use stock?)

ARP bolts

10W60 oil

Transmission

Quaife differential

DMF or SMF?  Will the G60 that I have be any good?

stock  & current parts to remain on car

stock inlet manifold AUM/AUQ

stock valves and valve trains etc

stock crankshaft

stock fuel rail

R8 coils

metal impeller water pump changed nearly 60.000 miles ago

996 Turbo calipers + R32 334x32 discs

Rear VRS break set up

KW Var II suspension

stock compression ratio 9.5:1

The only 400+bhp Octavia Mk 1 that I can recall was EddyH's 4X4 Estate.   If you read the thread below - and the research posts by EddyH, Stuart_J, Tavia RS and Delcac - you should get some idea of likely pitfalls and costs.

so far I did some reading but did not find out costs, people are talking with ball park figures.  On the other hand the drive-ability is a n issue that need to look into...  but again, not great details on setup, tires, etc.  Someone hit a nail in the head when they talked about reducing the weight, that I totaly agree.  But the rest was a bit like "even with LSD it is still not driveable" which doesnt really mean a lot.  I ll carry on the reading though buddy, thanks for your reply