Economy Care Gold Service

Eck45

Phoned my local Skoda dealer for quote on a 70200 Service and I was offered a Economy Care Gold Service for £109.00 so I asked what that involved and was told;

1. Visual health check
  2. Oil Change
  3. Replace filters
  4. Replace spark plugs
  5. Parts not original Skoda but quality good

So I thought "Not Bad" and booked it in today - When I went to collect it I was told I did not need the Filter as I had them replaced on my 57000 Service and was charged £69.60 - Sadly I never noticed (till I got home) that they did not replace the spark plugs either so somewhere along the line I think I was duped.

To make matters worse they have noticed that;

1. Front & Rear Pads are down to 8mm (despite being replaced 7000 miles ago)
  2. Front & rear disks are corroded
  3. Front & Rear wishbone bushes are split 
  4. Advise replacing Timing Belt (due to age)
  5. Advise replacing Water Pump (due to age)
  • Confused 1

So was that Parks of Hamilton Skoda?  @ Any Dealership.

You need to watch them, unbelievable offers and dodgy servicing. when Gordon is a Moron was in Hamilton any old crap was told at the Service Desk Area.

?

What oil shows on the invoice.

I take it will be showing correctly as 5w 30 FS LL  VW 507 00.   But then you need to check.......

?

So had your car had ' The Fix'

and if not have they done it permission given or not?

IS YOUR CAR NO LONGER THE TDI, BUT A TSI THAT NEEDS SPARK PLUGS?

Edited by AwaoffSki
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AwaoffSki said:

So was that Parks of Hamilton Skoda?  @ Any Dealership.

You need to watch them, unbelievable offers and dodgy servicing. when Gordon is a Moron was in Hamilton any old crap was told at the Service Desk Area.

?

What oil shows on the invoice.

I take it will be showing correctly as 5w 30 FS LL  VW 507 00.   But then you need to check.......

?

So had your car had ' The Fix'

and if not have they done it permission given or not?

IS YOUR CAR NO LONGER THE TDI, BUT A TSI THAT NEEDS SPARK PLUGS?

Yep Parks of Hamilton and oil was 5W-30 Fully Synthetic - I did not have any of the recommendations done as I will get an opinion from a local non Skoda garage that is well used by friends - finally penny just dropped with the Spark Plugs but in saying that I thought Diesel engines had some sort of plug and that's what I assumed was going to be replaced

Thank You for your response  :blush

• Like 2

On 12/15/2017 at 20:18, AwaoffSki said:

?

So had your car had the 'VW Emissions Fix'  already? 

I hope they have not done it and been paid by Skoda for that while ripping you off for what was less than a Minor Service.

Parks never got what they have by offering value for money.

The Emission "FIX" was carried out last year - And YES I now recognise that I was ripped off by paying £69 for nothing more than an Oil change but "Hey Ho" Parks will be the loser as I will never use them again and like everything else word gets around very quick especially when you are a member of two golf courses :biggrin:

• Like 1