Power tailgate

black vtr

Hi I have looked on having a power opening and closing tailgate on my 2015 yeti I have found a company in china that makes a kit for other car makes but not the yeti he sent me a email saying

if more people are interested they may make a kit for around   299usd please let me know if anybody is interested 

Got a reply from the company asking if the Tiguan kit would fit the Yeti, this is the reply,

Please note our kits all designed for dedicated car model/year ranges, they're not universal. We would not recommend you to test on Skoda Yeti otherwise you can confirm the both cars have the same pole length, stroke, brackets, gate weight etc.

So needs some investigation,

VW Tiguan Rear Gas Assist Struts.

5N0827550D 015

or

5N0827550D 5N      So should be easy enough to check the spec against a Yeti or a Yeti against the same struts on other VW Group Vehicles.

10 minutes on the net should give you the specs.

Edited by AwaoffSki

• 2 years later...
On 17/12/2017 at 10:41, black vtr said:

Hi I have looked on having a power opening and closing tailgate on my 2015 yeti I have found a company in china that makes a kit for other car makes but not the yeti he sent me a email saying

if more people are interested they may make a kit for around   299usd please let me know if anybody is interested 

Hello there.

I have a 2016 Yeti and, like you, would very much like a power tailgate.

Did you progress with this kit from China or any other source of a kit?  Please advise?

regards, Frank

• 11 months later...
On 17/12/2017 at 11:41, black vtr said:

I'm definitely interested in this or have you found some other solution to this?

I'm not sure if I can link to another forum, but this has been covered recently by Audi A3 owners and might be of use:-

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/automatic-boot-opening.422187/

Colin

7 minutes ago, eribaMotters said:

I'm not sure if I can link to another forum, but this has been covered recently by Audi A3 owners and might be of use:-

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/automatic-boot-opening.422187/

Colin

When I look at their website it looks like there is no dedicated kit for the Skoda Yeti? Also this is just opening the boot, not closing it

Edited by sneznymuz

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...