can gateway update

Hi guys, having a problem with battery drain following a radio upgrade from the stream to a bolero. My motor is a late 2006 Octavia which had the standard stream mp3 head unit fitted. I have changed it for a Bolero unit from a 2012 car.

The head unit is working fine both the radio and the CD unit. I do have the dim light issue which goes away with a flick of the light switch however, I now have the dreaded battery drain problem. My question is, can I simply change the gateway for a newer unit, say a Q or better, without any other issues, and is it just a case of one out and one in? ( I have a new Q coded gateway ready to change )

Cheers in advance

Adrian

When you say a "coded" gateway, if you mean coded as your existing one is coded then Q should be fine. However unless this was coded in another car to follow your coding, I can't imagine how it would be ready coded?

Ideally you use VCDS while doing the job, ie read the old gateway, record the relevant coding, swap modules and copy the recorded coding across to the new ...

Edited by adamal