Octavia mk1 fog light upgrade

Anishk

Hey everyone! I’m a relatively a new member (signed up a few years ago but log in on n off). 

Anyway, im looking at upgrading my stock halogen fog lights (projector fog light integrated in the headlight) to led fog lights. My main objective would be to achieve the same or increased visibility from the led when compared to the OEM. 

I have heard installing leds in halogen projectors can be useless as the light is scattered all over the place.....don’t know how true the statement is. 

I have been looking at oslamp leds on AliExpress.com (s2 to be precise) ie 8000 lumens, 6500k. 

I did a little research on Osram and Philips halogens and as per reviews any shade above 4300k from these two brands are only considered as styling options and for performance. 

If I were to install oslamp Leds they’d solve both my purposes of performance and styling. 

Main question still remains will leds perform well with halogen projectors. 

Any suggestions or advice will be highly appreciated. 

Thanks!

@Anishk - The advantage of fog lights over dipped headlights is that less light is reflected back off water droplets (and snow flakes) when driving in dense fog at night. Increasing the luminous intensity of fog bulbs will just reduce or eliminate this advantage.

I know it's not what you wanted to hear, but it's better to state the actual facts sometimes.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, KenONeill said:

@Anishk - The advantage of fog lights over dipped headlights is that less light is reflected back off water droplets (and snow flakes) when driving in dense fog at night. Increasing the luminous intensity of fog bulbs will just reduce or eliminate this advantage.

I know it's not what you wanted to hear, but it's better to state the actual facts sometimes.

Firstly i'd like to mention that i'm glad that a reputable member like you has added their valuable input on the topic.  What i missed mentioning in the earlier thread is that i don't have fog where i live and there aren't any specific rules to the use of fog lights,  i only use my fog lights w/o the dipped beam or full beam while driving at night as my driving is mainly in the urban areas, yet i need my fog lights to be powerful.

1 hour ago, Anishk said:

Firstly i'd like to mention that i'm glad that a reputable member like you has added their valuable input on the topic.  What i missed mentioning in the earlier thread is that i don't have fog where i live and there aren't any specific rules to the use of fog lights,  i only use my fog lights w/o the dipped beam or full beam while driving at night as my driving is mainly in the urban areas, yet i need my fog lights to be powerful.

Stick a 55w 4500k Xenon kit in.  Although if I were going to upgrade any bulb it would be the normal dipped beam before anything else as fogs only project wide and low.

• Like 1