A problem with Alcantara trim availability?

I have been emailing Skoda HQ (after a lack of useful response from Skoda UK) regarding leather parts on the SE-L Alcantara upholstery (not mentioned in the brochure, but on a YouTube review of the Karoq).

The initial response was: "we are sorry, but Alcantara is not avalable (sic) internationally and at this moment unfortunately we do not have substitution because of logistic complitacion (sic)".

I asked for further clarification as was curtly told:  "As we said earlier the Alcantara is curently not aviable (sic)."

No specific response to my leather query, but this does raise brochure specification questions.

So does this mean that the SEL spec is unavailable? 

ie 25% of the model range cannot be ordered.

If so that is a hell of a clanger to drop on a new model launch.

Colin

12 minutes ago, eribaMotters said:

So does this mean that the SEL spec is unavailable? 

ie 25% of the model range cannot be ordered.

If so that is a hell of a clanger to drop on a new model launch.

Colin

Hence my seeking clarification from Skoda HQ. Hope that there is nothing missing in communication/translation!

6 hours ago, AwaoffSki said:

ccr, which country are you in and is this Skoda HQ in the Czech Republic you are asking,

or in some other country.

I am in the UK and yes, I corresponded with Skoda HQ in the Czech Republic through " [email protected]".

This is a known issue and it's all to do with the growing popularity of veganism.  Unfortunately it's now frowned upon to breed Alctantaralopes purely for their hides.  Sad times. 

• Thanks 1

Real VW Group problem.

Shortages of Interior Materials and components.

Reason,

They try screwing over contractors and suppliers on prices and just have a Corporate Mission to take the pith to pay off fines and give Golden Hand Shakes and Bonuses to senior Board Members CEO's that were corrupt and signed off vehicles that were not 'Green' or Environmental friendly while accepting grants from government / tax payers to 

introduce green and environmentally friendly vehicles.

Sounds like they don't want to pay the seat materials suppliers enough, and the suppliers aren't prepared to be messed around so choose not to supply.

Of course, just in time deliveries, is based on reliable supply chain, so upset your supplier and you have no stocks, and no new supply

Similar think happened with Superb about year or two ago, beige leather wasn't available for few months.

The problem is once the supplier has had enough, and walks, costs a fortune (and long lead time) to get an alternative up and running.

VW suspend ordering of Golf GTE seemingly to stop there being too long waiting lists.

Skoda suspend orders for Octavia vRS 245, seemingly just a temporary measure.

VW have cars not Type Approved with Real World Fuel Tesating. 

Can they never just come out and make an honest statement on the state of play with vehicles and availability.

They dropped Das Auto and seemingly honesty was to be the best policy. 

I ordered an SE-L with beige alcantara interior yesterday, only to be told I can only have beige by upgrading to leather today! Yesterday beige alcantara was showing on the configurator, today the configurator is down for 'essential maintenance'. Go figure.

Don't want leather interior (otherwise I'd get the Edition) so I've had to go with black. 

The online configuration shows just "black upholstery" (or beige leather option) for the SE-L and looks like bog standard fabric, but the (Oct 17) downloadable brochure states that the seating is Alcantara.

4 hours ago, eribaMotters said:

I looked at a 1.5 SEL today. It had a part Alcantara, part leather combination. This took me by surprise and it did look nice.

Colin

The SE L I had for four days had Alcantara, I was very impressed with. I would also spec it over leather in the future if I can, having had leather for ten years.

Following on, I spoke with my dealer today and asked them to confirm whether my car would have Alcantara or not - with the intention of requesting Leather if not.

My dealer has spoken with Skoda UK who have confirmed to them  - in writing - Alcantara has not been removed from the SE L and cars ordered will have Alcantara seating.

Andy

• Thanks 1