Location of oil pressure switch

Hi,

could anyone tell me where the oil pressure switch is located in the 2014 Rapid 1.4 TSI?

I'd also appreciate pictures of guides for replacing it.

I had the car service done recently, and now I can drive for hours in the motorway, all fine, and when I leave the motorway, always when the the engine revolution drops, when I leave the motorway, the Engine Oil Pressure warning light comes on, intermittently, with a loud beep. After a few seconds it goes back to normal. The oil level is fine. It seems like a fault in the oil pressure switch.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Your profile says 1.2, but you're asking about the 1.4, is one of those a typo?

Here's a how-to for the 1.4 tsi in a Yeti, presumably the same w.r.t. the pressure switch: http://workshop-manuals.com/skoda/yeti/power_unit/1.4/90_kw_tsi_engine/engine_lubrication/lubrication_system/

Looks a little crowded round that location unfortunately.

You're welcome.  

When they fail, they tend to leak oil through themselves, so if you find the insides of the connector oily, there's a good chance this is the problem.

If in any doubt though, get the oil pressure checked, if the warnings are real, you need to find and fix the cause very promptly.

2 hours ago, AntonioPC said:

I had the car service done recently, and now I can drive for hours in the motorway, all fine, and when I leave the motorway, always when the the engine revolution drops, when I leave the motorway, the Engine Oil Pressure warning light comes on, intermittently, with a loud beep. After a few seconds it goes back to normal. The oil level is fine. It seems like a fault in the oil pressure switch.

The fact it's just after a service would make me think it's not just the oil pressure switch (unless it was damaged!) and would worry me. On the EA111 engine  (oil filter at high level on the engine) it is easy to misfit the oil filter by overtightening which distorts the oil drain back valve which is designed to release the oil back into the sump when it is being removed (otherwise it drops all over the alternator) - if overtightened this valve can release prematurely causing a major drop in oil pressure with associated potential engine wear/damage and an under pressurised cam chain tensioner

This is why on engine warranty claims Skoda /VAG always scrutinised the service record

Stop driving it until it is further diagnosed otherwise you may be setting yourself up for major engine damage. 

PS who serviced it?

Edited by bigjohn

22 hours ago, AntonioPC said:

Hi bigjohn, thank you for the information. It was serviced by KwikFit in Nailsea: the car is 4 years old and it is not under warranty any more.

Get the  oil filter changed. It's easy to mis-fit causing oil pressure issues! Also always fit an original equipment one as  it has been modified because of early design issues. See further down the following thread:-

Once the drain back vave is compromised you are venting some oil/pressure back into the sump. Would be worse when the oil is hot and thin (after being on a motorway). The buzzer means you have little or NO oil pressure at that moment

Edited by bigjohn

Guys, I got the switch pressure replaced by KwikFit (I had to pay for it), but the problem was not solved. I bought myself a new oil filter, and when I was just going to install the new one, I noticed that in the socket there was the seal of the previous filter, twisted, that apparently had fallen from the previous filter and had been left there, inadvertently. Once removed the seal that should have not been there, all is fine. Obviously, this extra-seal was preventing the correct flow of oil through the oil filter, hence the problem. KwikFit has refunded me the amount of the replacement of the switch pressure. I think I will do myself the next change of oil and filter.