Astrophotography shots

Not posted for a long time in here, but i have previously posted some of my astrophotography attempts.

Anyway, some time, and more money later for better equipment I have produced the following images:-

Orion, Belt and Sword area

5a53c38964028_Orion-BeltSword050118.thumb.jpg.8e367869d4eccca58de50cfca7cea378.jpg

M81 and M82 Galaxies, also NGC3077

5a53c396458fe_M81M82050118.thumb.jpg.d83ed6040a50ddc8d86feae2ecb5e446.jpg

Thanks for looking. I should really post more often :-)

• 4 months later...

Nice shots, really like the wide field Orion shot. What equipment do you use?.

I have not managed much imaging for a while. This is from my last outing.

Image composed of 5x600 secs and 7x300 secs stacked and tweaked in Photoshop. 

Equipment used, William optics GT81 scope with WO flattner. 

Modified Canon Eos 600D. NEQ6 Pro mount.

image.jpeg

Edited by Andymod
More info
  • Like 1

That's a great shot. Was intending on getting a closer shot of this area. But never managed it this year. :-(

I have tried to get the Horsehead for a couple of years but really struggle with Horrendous light pollution. Managed to get this data on a slightly less polluted site on the West side of Sheffield. I would like to get an even wider shot of Orion than yours capturing Barnards loop but I fear the light pollution would be too great.

I haven't managed to do as much as I wanted this year. Must try harder next winter. 

I did this shot of Venus recently. Not sure what it will look like on here as I have posted this from my phone. 

2018-06-02_10-40-17.jpg.5fa1a0da5d68730606786f68e1c9f5f8.jpg

Ooh they are supposed to be great scopes for planetary. I still use my 127mm Slywaycher Maksutov for all my planetary stuff. Don't think I would ever get rid of it. Good size and portability combo. Are you a member of stargazerslounge ?

Yes I visit stargazers lounge, I started with a 127MAK, excellent planetary scope. The C9.25 is awesome. I sold mine to fund a cooled CCD camera. Regretted it ever since.

14 hours ago, Andymod said:

Nice shots, really like the wide field Orion shot. What equipment do you use?.

The Orion shot was captured using a modified Canon 450d with a cheap old 135mm lens off eBay on a star adventurer.

The M81 and M82 where with my non modded Sony A57 with Altair ED72-R scope on my Exos EQ1300 GT mount.