What else is ignition key specific?

youngbaz

Still discovering things on the new Yeti, which we've now had for three months. 

One thing that I noticed recently was that some of the individual menu settings that can be changed on the Maxidot are specific to the key that's being used.  

For example the ambient temperature reads in Fahrenheit with my key and Centigrade with my wife's key.  Similarly I changed the length of time the headlights stay on when parking up using her key and the original settings are still in place using my key. 

So now I'm wondering ....

We have the 150 DSG engine. As I understand it, the gearchanges on the DSG adjust in response to 'recent' driving styles and patterns. Does this mean that the 'computer' recognises when a different key is used to start the engine and adjusts the DSG behaviour accordingly, or is it always based on most recent driving style, regardless of whose key was being used?

Is there anything else that's key specific? I haven't tried it yet, but I suspect that the tuned radio station on start up might again be key specific. 

Anyways - it's darned clever and very useful!

The dsg coasting function is key specific. I personally use both keys as one set has work keys and is huge, so second set for pleasure use. Have to set both.

Seat has to be set to each key as well as electric.

I am not convinced there is any learning for the dsg, just a wide range of response depending on what the car sensors record at any time.

I think virtually every option in the maxi dot is key specific.

Personally I tried the coasting function for about 1k miles then turned it off.

When I take my foot off the accelerator I expect the car to slow. Not disengage clutch and freewheel.

With it off and engine braking no fuel is used by the engine; when coasting it is still using fuel.

Turning it off saves a huge number of clutch operations and associated, albeit very slight wear.

Good to have options. Good you can just not enable if they do not suit your driving, location, or just your wants.

Doing the same journeys weekly and several times weekly i have kept 'Coasting Function' enabled.

So just driving and keeping toe on throttle on journeys even sitting at 70 mph on those roads an easy 630 miles from a 63 tank / fill up.

& driving same routes and same journey times but being aware to take my toe off the accelerator, and no Cruise Control 

but Coasting showing lots 730 miles for the 63 litres.

Must go try the 2nd key and see what my choices for Coming Home lights, Oil Temp, Coasting etc are at compared to my used all the time key.

I’ve been slightly embarrassed after not realising changes were key specific when on maxidot I made changes including changing to Australia region and installing digital mph speedo. The Australia region change itself was ok on my wife’s key but other necessary changes were wrongly implemented. The mileage readout was in km to start with and she was recording these to claim expenses !! Every time after she had used the car I accused her of always accidentally altering the maxidot settings as the digital mph speedo always had to be found again on my key. It dawned on me when one day recently I accidentally used her key. I reset things with her key but a very red face when confessing all to her.

• Like 1