How to tackle excess condensation in interior?

Wench

Any ideas? My fabia has excess condensation in it every morning.

this is partly due to one of the door seals not being fixed under warranty, so it does get moisture in that way. (I’ve tried fixing it, and so has local garage, and it hasn’t worked.)

ive got a dehumidifier bag in the car which is sucking up some moisture, but I could ideally do with getting rid of more.

ive read elsewhere on the internet that cat litter will help 

You are going to have to do better stopping H2o getting in the cabin. 

Difficult but not impossible.

£1 in discount stores, Asda etc.

Or sea salt in a Marg Container tape the lid on and punch holes.

8a562ddd-47e4-4ee9-acd7-6e376b7d78f9.jpg

719JgmO4AhL._SL1200_.jpg

There's a lot on the forum, but I'd start by double checking carpets particularly the rear ones. If you can lift them up and check under then that they're not wet. Do the front to. Then check the site for door seal repair. Not a quick fix but can be done with a tube of bathroom sealant. Don't for get if the carpet is set to dry a best before putting down again. 

Also check your pollen filter isn't blocked, this allows a good circulation of air when it's clean.

Sorry I can't say any more than that. 

I’ve tried doing the door seal fix two or three times, it improved it marginally, but didn’t cure the problem :(

the moisture bags are very similar to the damp traps as shown above 

What were you looking for then, 

you need a dehumidifier running in the car when parked up, 

and a long enough extension lead if you want to keep it on when driving.

Remember to get waterproof plugs.

Sadly there is no miracle cure, first step is to eliminate all moisture. 

Theres lots of info on this very forum about all the fixes if you search, but here’s some pointers to get you going.  

Use plumbers gold on the door carrier.  

Check spare wheel well for water ingress as the boot vents are known to leak.  

Cheak rear washer pipe for leaks inside the car. 

Leave the blowers pointed at the floor when left parked at over night.  

Remove carpets and underlay to dry them out.  

HTH 

I had wet carpets in the front passenger well couple of years ago so removed the passenger seat and removed the underlay carpet and dried it in the house and used a hair dryer to dry out the carpets. Im still getting moisture on the inside I've tried the crystals too, I just keep a dry towel in the car and give the windscreen a wipe if needed. PITA when in a rush. My fiesta

gets iced up more on the inside than outside. 

Cat litter tray or a paint roller tray full of cat litter maybe?

I now have reuseable damp trap bags I got from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AZZB5UY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

One in the car, one on the bedroom window cill.

I try to remember to open all the doors and check for water on the door seals after it has rained heavily. Currently, it looks fine.

J.

Sadly a common problem on many cars, especially as they age.

Few years back I had a bad problem on my 04 Fabia estate. Combination of the standard leaking door cars/seals (cured by industrial silicon sealant), resulting wet carpets rear and front (parked on a slope so front actually worse than rear, tho only rears were leaking) and parked somewhere that never got any sun.

Lots of newspaper on floors, new dry foot well mats eventually, lots of heater on full blast whenever driving, windows open also, 2 constant moisture-absorbing bags and a good hot and sunny summer (and now park somewhere more open, sunny and windy) - no more issues since.

So, stop water coming in, give it good ventilation and then dry it out; and sometimes, accept that it's the soggy old UK weather and put up with it as best you can, don't leave stuff in it (like a boot-bag-full of clothes) which could go fusty, mouldy, damp etc.

Oh, and don't then go getting it all soaked and condensed up by driving through handle-high floods...