which unit? recommendation please. also is it easy to change unit

froggy8

hi guys i am on a look out for a decent stereo unit so i can play music from a usb stick. could anyone recommend a budget one please as i am bit low on funds?

many thanks

I just fitted my spare pioneer unit which has adjustable display colours,connected to the fabia harness with  an  Autoleads PC2-75-4 Harness adaptor,and with  power supply  using  a piggy back fuse and used the rear wiper fuse posn as suggested by Sam (I used a switched supply from the fuse panel because otherwise it had a permanent live from the car harness).Using a single DIN unit also gives us a handy little cubby below,I use a mini usb stick as seen on the RHS of the stereo unit.

DSC01564.JPG

• Like 1

On 13/01/2018 at 15:05, YS53 said:

I just fitted my spare pioneer unit which has adjustable display colours,connected to the fabia harness with  an  Autoleads PC2-75-4 Harness adaptor,and with  power supply  using  a piggy back fuse and used the rear wiper fuse posn as suggested by Sam (I used a switched supply from the fuse panel because otherwise it had a permanent live from the car harness).Using a single DIN unit also gives us a handy little cubby below,I use a mini usb stick as seen on the RHS of the stereo unit.

DSC01564.JPG

thank you very much, have you got a link for your unit please?

It is just an old stereo which has been in 4 of our cars LOL - It is a Pioneer DEH4300 UB - but it is quite an old unit (we have a Sony explode in our other car).

I fitted a Radio Facia adaptor (single din with cubby included) and then used a piggy back fuse to get switched 12v power to the unit.

The parking sensors still 'beep' but of course there is no display for parking. 

• Like 1

On 13/01/2018 at 15:05, YS53 said:

DSC01564.JPG

Hi,

What modifications did you do to the autoleads adapter so that you have 12v switched supply from the quad lock? 

I have a newer unit but it is powered all the time, and would like it to power down when I take the key out. 

In my Fabia Mk1, it was easier as you could swap the connections on the lead over and it would work but it makes no difference in my Mk 2. 

Hi John

I just used a piggy back fuse on the rear wiper fuse (sorry cannot remember fuse number) and ran the wire up to the power lead so that the radio cannot be powered up with ign 'off'.