didn't expect this

MidlifeC

well just joined as got a octavia didn't expect a section for bikers. been back riding for 10 years and now have a R1200RS haven't done too many miles on it yet but soon as I can will get out and ride, so lucky to live up here so many great roads

Edited by MidlifeC
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, fabiamk2SE said:

Welcome (: 

yeah we like our own little corner over here. It started off with a single thread but got long that it got turned into a section :D  

love the RS’s. Got any pictures? 

I will try and post but at my age i have trouble with modern technology. didn't mean to buy the rs but went with a mate for him to test ride a s1000xr for the crack and ended up taking the rs out. my other half cannot ride pillion any more and dodgy hips meant that the K1300GT was getting heavy. I had said after my first BMW that I would never but another one and that I hated boxer engine so now have my third BMW and first boxer and love it, just hope it is reliable. Here vis the bike in the show room.

IMG_1413.JPG

IMG_1418.JPG

• Like 2

On 13/01/2018 at 20:34, MidlifeC said:

well just joined as got a octavia didn't expect a section for bikers. been back riding for 10 years and now have a R1200RS haven't done too many miles on it yet but soon as I can will get out and ride, so lucky to live up here so many great roads

It's the Skoda forum. If you can't get the heart racing through driving the car then you need another outlet:biggrin:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CWARD said:

It's the Skoda forum. If you can't get the heart racing through driving the car then you need another outlet:biggrin:

honest the heart racing is for bike riding the car is for getting about when necessary

• Like 2

On 14/01/2018 at 11:11, MidlifeC said:

I will try and post but at my age i have trouble with modern technology. didn't mean to buy the rs but went with a mate for him to test ride a s1000xr for the crack and ended up taking the rs out. my other half cannot ride pillion any more and dodgy hips meant that the K1300GT was getting heavy. I had said after my first BMW that I would never but another one and that I hated boxer engine so now have my third BMW and first boxer and love it, just hope it is reliable. Here vis the bike in the show room.

IMG_1413.JPG

IMG_1418.JPG

Very nice that mate. 

Loving it then?

the new boxers are nothing like the old ones are they. Much smoother. 

Dad keeps threatening to chang his GSA to an RS but it hasnt happened... yet..

5 hours ago, fabiamk2SE said:

Very nice that mate. 

Loving it then?

the new boxers are nothing like the old ones are they. Much smoother. 

Dad keeps threatening to chang his GSA to an RS but it hasnt happened... yet..

So loving it, you are so right about the difference in the boxer engine. get your Dad to give it a go, 

37 minutes ago, MidlifeC said:

So loving it, you are so right about the difference in the boxer engine. get your Dad to give it a go, 

He has done mate. 

Hes got a 2012 gsa.. the last of the air cooled ones.. twin cam. He bought that new and nearly bought the first of the water cooled but test rode it n didnt like the gearbox. 

Now theyve sorted that hes tempted again. Test rode an RS and loved it. Regularly does 1000 mile days on his trips though so likes the tank range of the GSA. 

Needs both really cos the RS would make a much better bike for having fun on i bet. :D 

2 hours ago, fabiamk2SE said:

He has done mate. 

Hes got a 2012 gsa.. the last of the air cooled ones.. twin cam. He bought that new and nearly bought the first of the water cooled but test rode it n didnt like the gearbox. 

Now theyve sorted that hes tempted again. Test rode an RS and loved it. Regularly does 1000 mile days on his trips though so likes the tank range of the GSA. 

Needs both really cos the RS would make a much better bike for having fun on i bet. :D 

I understand why he's staying if he does that sort of mileage i never did more than 500 miles, now fed up after 250 to 300. you are right about the fun of the RS.

• Like 1