OEM quality/good quality spare fuses

YS53

I had to replace a fuse on our fabia the other day - no problem because I have a few spare bulb/fuse kits to choose from LOL

However when I managed to prise the new replacement  fuse from the spare kit I realised that it was terrible/cheap build quality.

Any recommendations on fuse manufacturers/suppliers which would match the original fuse quality ?

The original car fuses have a much smoother and 'nicer' surface finish and the fuse rating is highlighted in white and so very easy/clear to read.

Thanks/rgds YS

Thanks for the replies guys,the situation sorted itself out in that I found my supply of good quality fuses right where I had left them (ie - in a safe place).

Lesson learnt - do not tidy up shed too much :)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

With mini or "standard" plug in fuses, the rating identifier is the plastic colour, with SEAT at least, (forgotten what VW and Audi use) the plastic is smooth and dull(not boring) and has no white amperage on them, and the metal fuse strip is in an open void, this is quite handy when the main dealer techs probe/prod/attack them during diagnosis as it can leave them looking like they are "not long for this world" - ie a bit lifed/fatigued.  My plan is always to take a picture of all the fuse boxes as soon as I get a new or newer car, then compile a list of sizes/ratings/numbers off each type/size.  Unfortunately I then have a look at my stock of fuses, write down a "fuses shopping list" and stuff it in my wallet - job done, well job started maybe!

On 03/02/2018 at 00:05, Winibald said:

A fuse is a fuse...there are no high quality fuses.

If a fuse blows, something's wrong!

I'm serious, check why the fuse blew .

I know what you mean Wini... it was the 12v socket fuse so not ultra important,I had left the plastic cover off it and because it is mounted down by the handbrake (stupid place to put it LOL) it may be that I shorted it accidentally.Our polo 12v socket is at the front of the centre console so much better positioned.

I will keep an eye on it - we have not been using the fabia much over the winter,but will be doing some long trips soon.

The 'high quality' bit is just that the 'finish' on the spare fuses in my bulb kits is really bad (very cheap and nasty looking).

rgds YS

Edited by YS53