Towbar fitting - recommendations please

Simon D

Hi,

I'm looking to get a towbar fitted to my Yeti for towing a trailer, so only need 7 pin electrics.

Can anyone recommend a supplier and fitter in the South West / South Wales area?

Thanks

Simon

Both my towbars were fitted by an independent recommended by Platinum Skoda, Bath.

I have a business card somewhere but cannot find it at the moment.

Previously all my car towbars had been fitted by Notton in Kingswood, Bristol.

D & E Notton

Unit 4, 21-23, Wood Rd, Kingswood, Bristol, Avon, BS15 8DT

Tel 01173 707427
Mob 07854 959005

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice, Gumdrop and Llanigraham.

We've just come back from West Wales Towing Centre in Haverfordwest, where we had a Westfalia removable towbar and 7 pin electrics fitted, including coding to the car's systems, a swivelling socket, a bumper aperture cover plate, bag, gloves, etc. for £475 inc VAT.  (Sinclair Skoda quoted £750).

Excellent service, including drop off / collection in the town centre.  The work was all done in about 2 1/2 hours.

Happy days.

Simon

• Like 3

• 9 months later...
On 01/02/2018 at 14:39, Simon D said:

West Wales Towing Centre in Haverfordwest

Thank you Simon for that post.  And as a result I'll now second that recommendation for West Wales Towing.  Just had a fixed flange towbar with 7 pin electrics fitted to my Yeti with all necessary coding.  Jamie (the boss?) and one other worked on it and had it done in a little over one and a half hours while I went for a wander.  Very pleasant, knowledgeable and efficient.  Total cost £325 inc everything.  And John Morgan Autoparts - who are all of 100 yards away - will make up a number plate while you wait for £10.50.  (Halfords charge £16.)  All very good!

• Like 1