How to reset mpg display

I've looked in the handbook and searched on the forum but can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for.  I like to have the average mpg showing on the maxidot display.  I can't find a way to reset it to zero when I want.  It only seems to reset itself when I refuel.  Is there a way to do this manually ?  Am I missing something ?

Den

Press car on the radio, then use the bottom right settings tab, then scroll to multifunction display and in there somewhere it should say reset short term trip and reset long term trip.

It seems needlessly complex to bury it there but it is!

• Love it! 1

Think you can do it in the maxidot, Resetting
▶ Select the driving data information desired.
▶ Select the desired memory. In your case average MPG
▶ Reset the selected memory with a long acknowledgement (holding button below display until resets).

Even simpler method iirc. While the average mpg is displaying, press and hold the little button underneath the r.h.s. stalk until the display is zeroed.