drivers seat fault 00446

A friend lent us a code reader, a Foxwell NT500. A quick scan shows all is fine accept one fault on the driver's seat, which I suspect is an old code because the previous owner replaced the battery.

The code is 00446 which is Under Voltage - sporadic - 002 Lower limit exceeded.

The freezeframe data shows:
fault frequency: 3
reset counter: 186
mileage: 69109km
date: 2045:14:25

The car has yet to reach 69109KM so I'm guessing this is the point at which the car deletes the error message unless it happens again? I am guessing that this is an old fault that has been fixed as the previous owner changed the battery last year.

2 minutes ago, DEL80Y said:

I am sure that is the mileage that the FAULT occured 

That's my understanding too. And it is in kilometers so it would have occurred at 42, 942 miles..?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DEL80Y said:

What is the current mileage in Miles just now?

1 hour ago, TheRobinK said:

That's my understanding too. And it is in kilometers so it would have occurred at 42, 942 miles..?

OK, thanks. The car has done 42,955 miles. So it must have happened yesterday. Didn't notice a problem with the seat. The only thing I can think of is that the car doors were open for an extended time while a child seat was fitted in it the night before, so perhaps that drained the battery a bit. I've cleared the code now and will see if it happened again tomorrow.

Any idea what the date is all about? (date: 2045:14:25)

2 hours ago, DEL80Y said:

What is the current mileage in Miles just now?

1 hour ago, TheRobinK said:

OK, thanks. The car has done 42,955 miles. So it must have happened yesterday. Didn't notice a problem with the seat. The only thing I can think of is that the car doors were open for an extended time while a child seat was fitted in it the night before, so perhaps that drained the battery a bit. I've cleared the code now and will see if it happened again tomorrow.

edit: Just had a thought. The battery was replaced by the previous owner but is not AGM type. I don't know if he had the new battery coded or not. Perhaps it is not charging optimally. I can see the option to code a battery in the scanner and I printed off some instructions from V-tech which presumably will be similar on the scanner we've been lent. Is there a way to view the current coding first? If it's already been done then I won't need to change anything.

Edited by snowathlete

4 hours ago, snowathlete said:

The battery was replaced by the previous owner but is not AGM type

I think the battery factory fitted to stop/start cars is an EFB so that is what the coding would be defaulted to. If the battery is not an EFB (enhanced flooded battery) or an AGM then the car will degrade a standard flooded battery more quickly.

4 hours ago, snowathlete said:

I don't  - but i can tell you that the date looks screwy on lots of freeze frame data that I have seen posted here and elsewhere so I wouldn't get too worried about that. I've assumed that it gets formatted or corrupted when it goes between machines with different native date formats (i.e. ISO to US to our standard). Maybe one of the pro's here can tell us something...

• Like 1