Park Assist, how to manually put in perpendicular parking mode?

Pramods

I have a 150PS 4x4 DSG with Park Assist, have multiple time but not able to manually put the park assist in perpendicular parking mode.

As per owners manual, pressing the park assist button in park assist mode again should put the system into perpendicular parking mode but if I press the park assist button the park assist system stops, pressing again start and pressing again stops! am I missing some process, any help, procedure guidance?

-Pramod

It’s only meant to be used in conjunction with an open sunroof and both hands waving through the sun roof to show you have park asst other than that a complete waste of time and money for me.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sad555 said:

other than that a complete waste of time and money for me.

Oh my god that is so not true.

I have had it for two years and used it once a year. Thats at Christmas when my nephews visit.  Because of this my 1.6d Superb is declared to be the coolest car ever and way cooler than my father in laws Brabus Mercedes S-Class.

Cost of park assist - silly. Value of seeing the face of a Brabus Merc owner being told a Skoda eco diesel is way cooler - feckin priceless.  :cool:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Move your hand near the screen, you will see the different modes appear on the right side and you can select the type you want. Well that’s how it works in my Superb anyway.

Thanks,  I  have Amundsen, hope it works as you said.

-Pramod

On 25/01/2018 at 16:14, Pramods said:

Thanks,  I  have Amundsen, hope it works as you said.

-Pramod

No luck, nothing happens. It's a good tool nonetheless not going to use it anyway, the speed and reliance on parking sensors only doesn't give that confidenc. It might be better with rear blind spot and front camera and radars. 

-Pramod

Sorry, you are right, I was getting confused with the reversing camera modes! Anyway, it’s made me read the manual and then go out and investigate!

So the answer is that it only offers the different parking modes if it thinks they are feasible. An icon appears on the right of the maxidot suggesting pressing the parking button again, and this cycles through any feasible modes. I guess it looks at width of gaps and /or distance to the curb. If you press the button once too often it gives the “finished” message but further presses go through the options again (in other words, it doesn’t “forget” what it has viewed).

But as you say, if you just press the button again after activating it without moving or in an unsuitable location, the second press turns it off.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Superb 3 L & K with park assist.  

Mine works as follows.  Press park assist button by the gear lever once, it defaults to the left side of the car.  If you want it on the drivers side (offside) then you put the indicators on to the right and this swaps it over to that side.

Simply drive ahead slowly and it finds a parallel parking space it alerts you, if it finds a perpendicular parking space it alerts you.  It must know the difference purely by the sensors and what info they ping back.

I am not aware you have to press the button again, that just turns the park assist off.