New Meteor grey vRS owner has some questions

@TommyGT4 my mk3 230 is stock but i did the whole hog on my mk2 fl vrs's; several different suspension setups, light wheels, map, arbs, alloy wishbones etc.

springs and dampers is a cheaper option vs. coilovers - i ran eibachs, koni fsd, st coilovers (weitec - same as kw v1) then bilstein b16 then h&r monotube coilovers.  best option out of all of those was the H&R monotubes, absolutely fantastic for the vrs.

get these with some h&r anti roll bars, some light wheels and you're sorted.  oem 19" are very heavy..  look at the revo 19" wheels, they're cheap and light (or if you are flush get some oem gti clubsport wheels, these are 7.6kg each!)

shame you're up north - the best guy i've found for knowledge /work on vrs is Alex @ AKS tuning.  he runs two highly modified vrs as personal / demo cars.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I've had the car for about 900 miles now and have to say I think it's absolutely brilliant. The ride is so smooth and the dampening is so nicely sprung it floats over bumps and pot holes like a luxury 4x4. I really enjoy driving it, the engine has enough grunt to overtake safely and put a smile on your face. The gear change is light (glad I got the manual) the steering is also light and lends itself to a laid back pleasant drive as the seats are extremely comfortable. For a sporty version some might say it's not very direct and pointy but I like that it isn't. The Golf R I had was far more of a firm ride and the M4 was jarring, it's a great contrast to the GT4 tbh. I've already done a couple of dump runs and helped a friend move house so the large boot space is a wonderful. Sat Nav works, the bluetooth connectivity is the best I've experienced in the last 5 years. I step in, switch the car on and my music is playing instantly. Well impressed. Love the colour too and had a few compliments on it. Yeah, well done Skoda I'm a fan, not sure if I'm going to mod anything on it now as it rides so well that even the Mrs drives it (she refuses to drive the GT4)!

40879163125_cbbb794dda_c.jpguntitled-3.jpg by Tom Gutteridge, on Flickr

26910051457_48184496e4_c.jpguntitled-7.jpg by Tom Gutteridge, on Flickr

41061095694_b2e29abb1a_c.jpguntitled-9.jpg by Tom Gutteridge, on Flickr

40879176805_8b114016fc_c.jpguntitled-5.jpg by Tom Gutteridge, on Flickr

41778243901_a01950ccc3_c.jpguntitled-10.jpg by Tom Gutteridge, on Flickr

41778207461_08e18aa0ff_c.jpguntitled-2.jpg by Tom Gutteridge, on Flickr

Edited by TommyGT4
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Did you just pick that up at Junction or do you live local? I live in Bangor so if you are local, I’ll keep my eye out for you :)

It’s got a North Wales plate but it’s a lease car and I’m up north!

• Like 1